Galfond and Perkins meet for Session 2 of the Galfond Challenge. PokerStars PACOOP a big success. Find these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
Galfond with big day during Session 2 with Bill Perkins
Phil Galfond and Bill Perkins resumed their Galfond Challenge match on Tuesday with their second session hosted on partypoker. Phil Galfond finished the day ahead after winning between $65,000 and $70,000 on the session (unlike the challenge with Venividi live results have not been available for the first two days of the Perkins matchup).
The session was another entertaining one for fans who got to watch the action live as Perkins and Galfond each streamed from their respective Twitch streams with hole cards shown (and a slight delay).
To top things off, Perkins and Galfond bantered back and forth over the phone throughout the session. Watch the action unfold below from Galfond’s Twitch stream. Go here to watch the replay from Perkins’ perspective.
– The PokerStars PACOOP is in the books and was hailed as a huge success, smashing through guarantees and paying out over $3 million in prize pools. The $200,000 Main Event alone attracted 1315 entries, plowing through its guarantee to settle at $368,200 in prizes. “LiveMonster179” was the victor, taking home a $57,394.54 first-place prize. “Tobes37” was the winner of the $50 No Limit Hold’em Main Event, taking home an $11,645.24 first-place prize.
– Wynn Resorts has unveiled a plan to open a Las Vegas strip in a piece for the Nevada Independent. The plan proposed by CEO Matt Maddox calls for an incremental reopening of Las Vegas leading up to fully operational by late May (h/t CardPlayer).
– The Stop Predatory Gambling Organization is petitioning state officials to halt American lottery sales during the COVID-19 pandemic. The group would like lottery sales to stop for 30 days in an effort to prevent stimulus check recipients from spending their money on the lottery.
– In Tuesday’s featured poker training video, we look at episode 6 of CodeRed’s “Journey Through A $215 MTT” series. In this episode, Codered covers play with just four tables left in the PokerStars Sunday Million.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– ESPN Poker commentator Norman Chad is the latest guest of the Poker Central Podcast to talk coronavirus and tell some poker stories:
– ICYMI: Mike Matusow streams his appearance in the recent American Charity Poker Tournament to benefit COVID-19 victims.
US Players Accepted
Get started with $20 free
Texas Holdem Ring Games, Tourneys, and SNGs
Sweeps Coins Winnings Redeemable For Cash Prizes
US Players Accepted
2,000,000 Gold Coins Free on Sign up
Play Slots and Table Games
Sweep Coins Winnings Redeemable for Cash Prizes
Simply choose over or under on your favorite players to play
No sharks, no salary caps, no BS
Turn the game on and follow along with live player tracking to watch how you're doing
Legal in 26 states + Canada (see site for details)