Venividi with a small lead over Phil Galfond heading into final day of Galfond Challenge. AGA warns 1.8 million casino jobs could be at risk. Check out these stories and more in the Friday Hit and Run.
Galfond Challenge with Venividi set for 11 AM ET Sunday
Day 38 of the Galfond Challenge was held on Friday with Phil Galfond winning €23,581.50 against Venividi with one day left in the challenge. After the win, Galfond is now down just €8,171.67 heading into what will be the final day of the challenge on Saturday. The pair have now played 24,302 hands out of 25,000 heading into tomorrow’s session. If Galfond were to take the overall lead tomorrow, he would complete an epic comeback in which he was down by over 900,000 over a month ago and was considering quitting the challenge.
On the line is not only bragging rights but also a lucrative side-bet that was made before the challenge. If Galfond ends up winning the Challenge, he will receive an additional €100,000; if Venividi holds on to the lead, he will receive €200,000 from Galfond. The side bets are in addition to the amounts won or lost at the table.
Poker fans can watch the action live from the Run It Once Twitch channel beginning at 11 AM ET on Sunday, with commentary from Joey Ingram, David Tuchman and Joe Stapleton. If you missed Friday’s session, you can watch it in its entirety below:
– In continued fallout from the coronavirus pandemic, the American Gaming Association says that 1.8 million casino jobs are at risk without tweaks to federal programs. The AGA has sent a letter to President Trump in a plea to assist gaming companies in keeping their workers on the payroll.
– 2018 World Series of Poker runner up Tony Miles has again qualified for American Ninja Warrior for the second year in a row. Over a year ago, Miles made a prop bet with Shaun Deeb that he would make it through a course on the show within three years. Since this is his second attempt, Miles is getting 20:1 odds on a $5,000 wager should he successful, meaning he could win $100,000 on the wager.
– With poker rooms and home games shut down because of social distancing guidelines, online poker home games are helping fill the poker and social void. In Pennsylvania, PokerStars PA offers organizers and players the chance to run and manage their home games online at PokerStars.
– In Friday’s featured poker training video, we continue our look at CodeRed’s “Journey Through a $215 MTT,” where he goes over notable hands during his final table run. In this episode, he focuses on the hands from the early stage of the tournament.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Joey Ingram welcomes Phil Galfond to the Poker Life Podcast live just before his final session of the Galfond Challenge on Saturday:
– If you missed Day 37 of the Galfond Challenge on Thursday, you can check out condensed highlights from the Run It Once Poker YouTube channel below:
– In the latest episode of the Weekly Poker Showdown, Jaime Staples talks to Ben “Bencb789” Rolle, who is a online tournament crusher and coach for Raise Your Edge: