Phil Galfond continues to struggle for a winning session of the first installment of the Galfond Challenge. DraftKings revokes Millionaire Maker prize won by Bachelor contestant after collusion findings. Check out these stories and more in the Monday Hit and Run.
Phil Galfond down €327k in much-hyped challenge
On Monday, the Galfond Challenge match of Phil Galfond versus VeniVidi1993 resumed for Day 5, as the pair played another 76 hands of €100/€200 Pot Limit Omaha. Unfortunately for Galfond, it was another tough day as he lost another €155,063.52. He is now down €327,003.33 in the challenge after completing 3,234 out of 25,000 of the hands of the challenge.
— Run It Once Poker (@RunItOncePoker) January 27, 2020
Galfond and VeniVidi1993 will pick things up on Tuesday beginning at 11 AM ET on the Run It Once Twitch channel. Missed the action from yesterday, watch the four hour session below:
Roper and her husband Tanner Tolbert each entered 150 lineups into the Sunday Million event. Soon after the win, some observers noted that Roper and Tolbert seemed to have coordinated their lineup selections by not selecting the same quarterbacks. As a result of DraftKings’ findings, all players who participated in the Sunday Million will move up one spot.
After former ‘Bachelor’ contestant Jade Roper Tolbert was stripped of a $1 million prize by DraftKings following an investigation, @McCannSportsLaw examines what could happen if she pursues legal action https://t.co/wfShs8cOkZ
— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) January 27, 2020
– One of the biggest news stories of 2019 on the legislative front was Michigan passing a bill that legalizes online poker, online casino games and sports betting. While Michigan online gamblers and sports bettors will get to legally play soon, they will likely have to wait a bit longer. The Michigan Gaming Control Board has told Online Poker Report that online gaming will not launch until 2021 while the state completes the rulemaking process.
– Aleksey Badulin won the WPT Russia Main Event over the weekend for $261,571. To win the tournament, Badulin outlasted 489 entries including Vlada Stojanovic heads-up to earn the largest score of his poker career.
Meanwhile in other WPT action, the first flight of the $3,500 Borgata Winter Poker Open kicked off over the weekend with 199 out of 382 surviving the day. The tournament continued on Monday with Day 1b.
– In Monday’s featured poker training video, we check out the conclusion of CFTheNatural’s “Advanced Pot Limit Omaha” series. In this episode, talks about flopping sets in Pot Limit Omaha.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– On the latest episode of The Rake Podcast, Marle Cordeiro and Jamie Kerstetter talk about the early days of the Phil Galfond Challenge and the Global Poker Award nominees, among other topics:
– Missed the partypoker MILLIONS UK? Now you can feel like you were there with partypoker’s replay of Day 2 of the Main Event held earlier this year. Also check out Day 1 of the $25,000 Super High Roller here.