Galfond Challenge postponed with statement released on Twitter. Details revealed for parytpoker’s next MILLIONS Online event. Find these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
Galfond stepping away from Galfond Challenge until March
Run It Once Poker announced early on Tuesday that the session with Venividi had been postponed, saying that an update on the schedule will be provided soon. Phil Galfond delivered on that by posting a statement on Twitter saying that he has decided to postpone the challenge with Venividi until March 1st due to frustrations with how he has handled results from Challengeso far. In the statement, Galfond admitted that he had considered throwing in the towel, but wants to “reset his mind” before making a decision one way or the other.
Should he come back to the Galfond Challenge against Venividi, he will attempt to claw back from a 900k downswing. If he decides to move on from the Challenge, Galfond will move to The Thirst Lounge Challenge headed by Bill Perkins.
Unfortunately, my downswing in the first #GalfondChallenge has very much continued.
I’m taking a step back to do some thinking. Here’s an update, along with some more of my thoughts: pic.twitter.com/jIcN4Bc1Jz
— Phil Galfond (@PhilGalfond) February 11, 2020
– partypoker has revealed the return of the partypoker MILLIONS Online, which over the previous two events, has generated over $20 million in prizes. During last year’s event, the tournament drew 2109 entries for a prize pool over $21 million.
This year the tournament is set to take place this September and will likely again guarantee a prize pool of $20 million. There will be one big change from the event last year, however. Instead of the $10,300 buy-in, it will be lowered to $5,300. The move comes on the heels of the MILLIONS Passport, which can be used on both live and online events.
– ICYMI: A server crash at partypoker led to struggles in the MTT schedule of the online poker site on Sunday. Due to server issues, all 9 PM tournaments, as well as the partypoker Million Day 2, had to be canceled. partypoker’s Rob Yong addressed the issues via Twitter:
Sorry for lack of replies, had some jetlag. I cant keep apologising for these crashes @partypoker but I will go and see @tom_waters on Tuesday and report back to you what the plan is to become a lot more stable 🤮 pic.twitter.com/incQxCUB6c
— Rob Yong (@rob_yong_) February 10, 2020
– Philip Shing took down the WSOP Circuit Potawatomi Main Event to win $151,284 after outlasting 524 players.
– PartTimePoker’s David Huber reports on the opening of the SAHARA Las Vegas poker room. The new poker room will offer 7 tables with a 16×9 LED display and daily tournaments beginning February 14th.
– In Tuesday’s featured poker training video, we continue our look at Colossos’ “Cash Games with Colossos” series. In this episode, Colossos talks about the differences between micros and low stakes.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Mike Del Vecchio sits down with Marle Cordeiro and Jamie Kerstetter for the latest episode of The Rake where they discuss the Aussie Millions, tournaments versus cash games, private games and more.
– Haven’t been keeping up with the Galfond Challenge lately? Watch Day 15 highlights where Phil Galfond got off to a very hot start.
– Joao Simao attempts to make a big bluff during the 2020 partypoker MILLIONS South America 2020.