Phil Galfond has another good day in the Galfond Challenge, winning 27,000. Global Poker Awards set for tonight. Find these stories and more in the Friday Hit and Run.
Galfond now down €711k in Galfond Challenge
In Day 18 of the Galfond Challenge against Venividi, Phil Galfond had his second winning day of the week after the pair played 555 hands of €100/€200 Pot Limit Omaha on Friday. After an up and down day which included Galfond being up almost €135,000 at one point, he finished the day up €27,198.94, two days after having his largest win of the Challenge. Galfond and Venividi have now played 11.638 hands of the €25,000 Challenge with Galfond down -€711,131.
If you missed the action from the Run It Once Poker Twitch channel, you can watch it below. It is believed that the Challenge Challenge will pick up again on Saturday at 11 AM ET.
– The Global Poker Awards are set for tonight, honoring the best of poker during 2019 in a variety of categories. Nearly two dozen awards will be given out in a ceremony beginning at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT. If you’d like to watch the annual event, you can subscribe to PokerGO.
– Macau casinos have seen a steep drop in revenue after the coronavirus outbreak in China. The market had already been slumping but due to a two-week closure in February, the casino saw a 87.8% decline in revenue for the month.
– The Stones Gambling Hall’s request to have the Mike Postle cheating lawsuit dismissed this week is making news in mainstream media including the Sacramento Bee.
– From the Fake News Bin: The lawyer representing the Stones Gambling Hall that asked for the court to dismiss the case, may just be Mike Postle with a handlebar mustache.
– In Friday’s featured poker training video, we continue our look at Gazellig’s “$2 Rebuy Double Rush MTT,” where he goes through stages of a tournament. In this episode, Gazellig puts the focus on pocket pairs, premium hands and broadways as a starting point for preflop raising.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Check out Run It Once Poker’s highlights from Day 2 of the Phil Galfond Challenge from Thursday, when he lost just over €20,000 on session:
– In Jaime Staples latest Twitch highlights, he plays a MTT session on February 7th where he tries to score the biggest tournament win of his life:
– Need a diet of more Staples? Check out the latest episode of the Weekly Poker Showdown where he sits down with Team partypoker Pro Courtney Gee:
– Check out highlights of the partypoker $25,000 Super High Roller from Millions South America last month: