Phil Galfond loses big for the second day in a row. partypoker makes a statement against leaderboard cheats. Find these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
Phil Galfond now up €74k through Day 6 of ActionFreak Challenge
Phil Galfond struggled for the second match in a row in his Galfond Challenge match with ActionFreak on Tuesday, finishing down what is believed to be around €74k on the day on partypoker. The session followed an official Monday loss of €95k over 680 hands. Even with two days of losses, Galfond still holds a relatively comfortable overall lead of €246,512.56k through Tuesday after 4,078 hands.
– partypoker has once against demonstrated that it will not tolerate cheaters on the online poker room. Consultant Rob Yong announced the decision by revealing that the online poker room has permanently banned “a number of players” who cheated on partypoker Leaderboards during April by multi-accounting. Despite the issue, the players in lower positions received the larger prizes and the leaderboard promotion was been extended for May.
FYI: $1M Cash Game LB extended to May BUT sadly a number of Leaderboard “cheaters” have been banned @partypoker for life & prizes given to places below them.
So stupid – was made clear site checks every LB 🐦 KTF Rob pic.twitter.com/eXpTXlJ2j8
— Rob Yong (@rob_yong_) May 3, 2020
– The Stars Group and Flutter made their partnership official on Tuesday. The merged company now houses some of the biggest names in the online gambling industry including PokerStars, Paddy Power, Betfair, Sky Betting and FanDuel.
– While casinos across the globe are planning their reopening strategies and the first US casinos are reschedule to reopen in the next week, tribal casinos have already started to reopen. The Coeur d’Alene Casino in Idaho has already opened its doors while the 7 Clans First Council Casino in Oklahoma and the Island Casino in Michigan have followed.
– The World Poker Tour Online Series is officially underway with Leo Fernandez taking down the first event, the $5,200 Opener for $409k, defeating a field of 497 entries. Big wins also came to Evgeny Galakhov, Vitor Dzivielevski and Paul Höfer in other WPT action on the day. The WPT Online Series is being hosted by partypoker and will run through May 20th with $35 million in guaranteed prizes.
– In Tuesday’s featured poker training video, we take a look at Reasons14 “SNG Strategy” series. In this episode, Reasons14 goes over a hand history review of a student’s 180-man $2 Sit N Go session.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– While Phil Galfond is in the midst of Galfond Challenges with ActionFreak and Bill Perkins, Run It Once takes a look at the top 10 biggest pots from the first Challenge with Venividi.
– Remko Rinkema and Jeff Pratt sit down to watch a classic episode of High Stakes Poker from Season 7 in the latest episode of the Poker Central Podcast. The episode of HSP features the likes of Barry Greenstein, Doyle Brunson and Antonio Esfandiari.
– ICYMI: Steffen Sontheimer sat down with Lee Davy in the latest episode of “I Am High Stakes Poker,” where he talks about his childhood and Daniel Negreanu’s comments about Sontheimer being the best No Limit Hold’em player in the world:
US Players Accepted
Get started with $20 free
Texas Holdem Ring Games, Tourneys, and SNGs
Sweeps Coins Winnings Redeemable For Cash Prizes
US Players Accepted
2,000,000 Gold Coins Free on Sign up
Play Slots and Table Games
Sweep Coins Winnings Redeemable for Cash Prizes