FanDuel to launch an online casino in New Jersey. Microgaming’s big software update previewed. Check out these stories and more in the Thursday Hit and Run.
FanDuel to Introduce Online Casino and Sportsbook in New Jersey
Daily fantasy sports site FanDuel has announced that they will go live with an online casino and online sports betting product in New Jersey. The Paddy Power Betfair brand hopes to offer the new products by the beginning of the NFL football season in September.
FanDuel will offer their online casino through a partnership with the Golden Nugget Casino while offering online sports betting through a partnership through the Meadowlands Racetrack.
Sports betting went live in New Jersey after the Supreme Court ruled that PAPSA was unconstitutional allowing states to regulate. Sports betting generated $16.4 million in wagers during its first month in New Jersey. Online gambling was launched in 2013 with revenue now eclipsing $20 million per month.
FanDuel launched the brick and mortar FanDuel Sportsbook in New Jersey last weekend.
— Detroit Sports (@DetSportsEnt) July 18, 2018
MPN (Microgaming Poker Network) is undergoing a major software update that drastically change the playing experience. Going live on July 23rd, the upgrade will add a streamlined lobby, remove chat and add HD tables. Upon launch, only Hold’em and Omaha games will be available in the software, while players will be able to convert a hand history into a sharable gif and also view a hand history that shows an overall profit or loss.
PokerStrategy was able to get a sneak preview of the software, which they review here.
Our new ‘Player History’ tool clearly shows your overall profit and loss across all game types. We want to make it easy for players to make responsible choices, so we’re not hiding this away. Our new poker client launches July 26! pic.twitter.com/soGY9uidR7
— Alex Scott (@AlexScott72o) July 17, 2018
– partypoker adds Ludovic Geilich as the newest player to Team Party Poker. A Pot Limit Omaha specialist, Geilich, has earned more than $2.2 million in live tournament winnings topped off by a victory in the Party Poker MILLIONS Grand Final in Barcelon in April.
– David Huber recaps Phil Galfonds discussion with Joey Ingram on the Poker Life Podcast where they sat down to discuss a variety of topics in the poker world such as his WSOP experiences, a review of the 2018 WSOP and more.
– Whether it was Phil Hellmuth’s grand entrance or Doyle Brunson’s “retirement” from tournament poker, the 2018 World Series of Poker proved to be a memorable one. Pocket Fives takes a look at some of the top moments from the summer that wont be forgotten.
– Chris Moorman reaches $15 million in online tournament cashes after winning the $500 6-max on WSOP.com.
– Doug Polk examines the hand everyone is talking about from the Big One for One Drop where Rick Salomon exposes the Ace of Hearts, leading to some interesting action.
– ICYMI: Nine PA online casinos could come to the state after the Pennsylvania casinos apply before the deadline to