Some voters will be deciding on gambling-related measures on Tuesday. partypoker qualifying players for the largest online tournament ever. Find these stories and more in the Monday Hit and Run.
Gambling measures among items in Tuesday’s elections
Tuesday is election day in the United States and there is more than just House, Senate and Governor races on the ballot. Four states have notable gambling measures at stake, which Cardplayer broke down in a report posted on Monday.
Perhaps the most impactful gambling-related measure on the ballot on Tuesday is Forida Amendment 3, which is a measure that would require that Florida voters decide on the future authorization of casino gambling in the state. The state’s voters will also decide whether to support the phasing out of dog races.
Other states with notable gambling measures include Arkansas (the authorization of additional casinos); Maryland (gambling revenue towards education; and Idaho (authorize betting on horse racing through video terminals).
Get out there and vote!
– One of the most highly anticipated tournaments ever is just a few weeks away. Set to take place from November 25th to December 5th, the partypoker MILLIONS Online $20 million guaranteed tournament will be the largest online poker tournament ever. Many of the players will be qualifying through satellites, which partypoker has hundreds of from now until the start of the tournament with buy-ins starting at just $1.
On the subject of partypoker, parent company GVC Holdings has inked a partnership between partypoker and the PGA europro tour.
– Over the weekend, Patrick Serda won WPT Montreal but one hand getting some attention was this hand which featured a three way duel with AA, AK and AQ. Watch below for how it played out.
– The Kindred Group, which owns popular European online gambling brand Unibet, is growing and now wants to be one of the many companies that want a piece of the emerging US market.
– World Series of Poker Europe’s tournaments attracted much of the attention over the last month, but the host of the event, King’s Casino, also ran some impressively large cash games, including some featuring stakes of 20,000/40,000. The games attracted players such as 2018 WSOP Main Event champion John Cynn, Bobby Baldwin, Matt Kirk, Tony G, Ben Lamb and Rob Yong.
The latest poker videos from Youtube
– Arguably the best cash games to watch right now are those from the Super High Roller series by Triton Poker. They’re back with yet another YouTube video, which was dropped over the weekend. The latest episode features highlights from a HDK500k Short Deck cash game where Phil Ivey and Tom Dwan taking part in the action.
– We’re much closer to the 2019 PokerStars Carribean Adventure — which is featuring the PokerStars Players Championship next year — but PokerStars has recently been releasing videos from last year’s event. In the latest episode from last year’s event where the action is about to hit the bubble as players aim to get a piece of the $5.6 million prize pool.
– Looking for a new poker vlog to follow? Check out the JohnnieVibes, who holds a unique view of poker and recently posted of his appearance at the Hollywood Casino in Colombus where he sat down for some $2/$5.