DraftKings merges with SBTech and will go public next year. New Run It Once Poker rewards program helping improve traffic. Find these stories and more in the Thursday Hit and Run.
DraftKings to go public in 2020
Earlier in the week DraftKings announced that the popular daily fantasy sports site and online sportsbook will be going public sometime in 2020. In conjunction with the deal, software provider SBTech will be combined with DraftKings and sold to Diamond Eagle Acquisition Corp, a publicly-traded acquisition company.
The deal is reportedly worth $3.3 billion and will help the company raise money towards growth and go public next year. The news caps off an impressive year in which the DraftKings online sportsbook went live in Indiana, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. DraftKings is also expected to go live in New Hampshire next week.
– Run It Once Poker launched a revamped VIP program called Legends and it seems to be paying off. Since launching the VIP program, which rewards players based on a more traditional VIP program, has led to an uptick of an average of 50 real money cash game players.
– Poker Strategy examines some of the “sickest” and most noteworthy poker hands of 2019, which include this impressive call from Stephen Chidwick in the Triton Million London event:
– Unibet has revealed the schedule for its 2020 live poker tour, which will get underway in Dublin on February 26th and run through March 1st. Unibet also announced the 5th season of the Unibet UK Poker Tour with stops in London and Newcastle.
– From the Fake News Bin: Men “The Master” Nguyen was reportedly visited by the Ghost of Eskimo Clark, and seems to have immediately turned his life around.
– Thursday’s PartTimePoker training video continues the “Cash Games with Colossos” series where he live plays microstakes sessions. In this episode, Colososs plays 10 tables of $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold’em full ring.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Relive the Super High Roller Bowl from the Bahamas with a full replay of the final table from last month. Jason Koon, Erik Seidel, Daniel Dvoress and Justin Bonomo are among the players featured in the final eight.
– Check out the top hands from a November 6th session of Live at the Bike $5/$5/$10 No Limit Hold’em cash game: