Ian Steinman is the latest WSOP bracelet winner. Daniel Negreanu addresses the controversy over comments that got him banned from Twitch. Find these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
Ian “ApokerJoke2” Steinman wins $400 NLHE Freezeout
Ian “ApokerJoke2” Steinman is the latest winner at the World Series of Poker Online, taking down Event #27, the $400 No Limit Hold’em Freezeout. With the victory, the 2016 WSOP.com Online Player of the Year wins his first WSOP bracelet as well as $110,557 after defeating a field of 1,940 players including Satoshi Tanaka ($68,373) heads-up. Other notable players making deep runs in the tournament included Shaun Deeb (13th – $5,517), Bryan Piccioli (14th – $5,517) and Mike Shin (30th – $2,763).
Here was the moment Ian Steinman won his first WSOP bracelet:
— Justin Steinman (@JTSteinman) July 28, 2020
To watch how the entire final table unfolded, check out the stream from Monday night featuring commentary from David Tuchman and Chris Moorman:
Up next at the WSOP Online
On Tuesday, the featured event on WSOP.com is the $1,000 buy-in Omaha 8 6-Max, which began at 3 PM PT which poker fans can follow through live updates on WSOP.com. Once the tournament reaches a final table, you will be able to watch via the Poker Central YouTube channel.
Meanwhile on GG Poker, Tuesday saw the start of the $10,000 Short Deck No Limit Hold’em Championship where 115 entries joined the tournament, yielding a prize pool over $1.1 million. Keep up with the action throughout the evening via updates live on WSOP.com. GG Poker’s events have thus far generated over $21 million in prize pools over the first nine bracelets.
– Shortly after busting out of the $400 No Limit Freezeout on Monday, Daniel Negreanu addressed his recent ban from Twitch making waves in the poker world. In his statement, he didn’t appear to back off the comments, instead sarcastically apologizing for threatening to bash in a troll’s teeth and feeding to them anally “was not practical.” Watch Daniel Negreanu respond below:
– Michigan online poker could launch as soon as this fall, up ahead from the original time frame of early 2021. But when Michigan online poker does open up, there looks like there will be no shared player pools, at least for now.
– In Tuesday’s featured poker training video, we take a look at Gazellig’s series where we take a look at Gazellig’s “Coaches Jreed” series. In this episode, Gazellig touches on a variety of topics while focusing on playing premium hands and short stacks.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Joey Ingram breaks down Doug Polk’s “return” to YouTube poker videos in his response to Daniel Negreanu’s rant during a World Series of Poker stream:
– Ingram also welcomes Hristivoje “ALLinPav” Pavlovic to discuss his popular Twitch stream, crushing MTTs and how to build your bankroll:
– Joe McKeehen joins Poker Central’s Run It Back to watch and discuss the 2015 World Series of Poker Main Event: