Dan Cates with a big score online over the weekend during POWERFEST. Online poker represents smaller share of Stars Group revenue. Find these stories and more in the Monday Hit and Run.
Dan Cates Wins partypoker POWERFEST $10k SHR
partypoker’s POWERFEST ended with a bang as the two-week online poker series came to a conclusion.
Fresh off his appearance at Triton Poker London — where he only cashed once — Dan “Jungleman” Cates had more success over the weekend online during the final weekend of POWERFEST. On Sunday, “Junglemandan” took down the partypoker POWERFEST $10,300 Super High Roller, outlasting 131 entrants in the event. In winning the event, Cates took home $276,511 after a heads-up deal with “PayAndPlay.”
What an incredible day #POWERFEST Day 15 was with more than $8.6 million paid out, taking the total prize money awarded to more than $33 million! Click the ink to discover who won big on the final day of the series: https://t.co/R76cjd1Imh 18+. Play responsibly. begambleaware pic.twitter.com/2CE8ldUCHV
— partypoker (@partypoker) August 12, 2019
– Online poker continues to represent a smaller share of overall revenue for The Stars Group. On Monday, the company released an earnings report showing that online poker revenue now represents just 30% of the company’s overall revenue, down from 53% last year. Online sports betting was the largest growth area for the company, generating 36% of the revenue of the company — up from 20% — thanks to The Star Group’s acquisition of Sky Betting and Gaming in the middle of last year. Overall, the company saw a 20% decrease of profits but a 51% increase in revenue.
– The 2019 partypoker LIVE MILLIONS Europe kicked off on Monday with the start of the Triton 100k Super High Roller from the King’s Resort in Rozvadov, Czech Republic. At the time of this writing, the event has attracted 27 entries with expected appearances from Phil Ivey, Tom Dwan, and Jason Koon. Poker fans can follow the action live on PokerGo, which requires a subscription.
– In Monday’s featured classic Grinderschool poker training video, we take a look back at Uboat’s “PLO Postfrlop Play” series. This episode focuses on the four most important actions of postflop play: initiative, position, the board and range.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Doug Polk shares what he believes is the most reliable method of thinking about poker to become a successful winning player:
– Missed the PokerStars Monte Carlo Casino EPT earlier this year? PokerStars today posted highlights from the first half of Day 4 of the Main Event with Ryan Reiss, Sam Greenwood and Nicolas Chouity all battling during the day.