Chris Moneymaker to be featured on 30 for 30 Podcast. Changes coming to partypoker LIVE events. Check out these stories and more in the Thursday Hit and Run.
Moneymaker documentary chronicals 2003 Main Event
The 30 for 30 podcasts go in-depth behind the scenes of some of sports most iconic moments. Among the episodes announced for the fourth season is a documentary on Chris Moneymaker’s improbable victory during the 2003 World Series of Poker Main Event which forever changed the game of poker. In addition to featuring Moneymaker, the episode will feature guest appearances by Phil Hellmuth, Doyle Brunson, Johnny Chan and ESPN commentator Norman Chad.
The episode, which is reported by Keith Romer and produced by ESPN Films, will debut on the 30 for 30 Podcasts on October 23rd. Listeners can tune into the 30 for 30 podcast from the website or through your favorite podcast app.
Big News! @espn announced today that they will be releasing a @30for30 podcast on Chris Moneymaker and the 2003 WSOP! The documentary by @RealKeithRomer and produced by @jodyavirgan will debut Oct 23 and features @CMONEYMAKER @TexDolly and @phil_hellmuthhttps://t.co/bazZ5qPyc8
— PartTimePoker (@parttimepoker) October 11, 2018
In other Chris Moneymaker news, it looks like the Moneymaker PSPC Tour is heading to the midwest with Moneymaker hinting of an early November time frame.
Hey Midwest – the Moneymaker Tour has not forgotten you. Keep your eyes open for an announcement soon and your calendar open for early November.@PokerStars
— Chris Moneymaker (@CMONEYMAKER) October 11, 2018
– “Puke.” That was how the owner of the Dusk Til Dawn Nottingham, Rob Yong, expressed his disappointment in the most recent partypoker LIVE Millions UK Main Event, which attracted 300 fewer players than the previous year. In response to the results, Yong and partypoker LIVE President John Duthie are working on a new structure that removes rebuys, increases qualifiers and institutes a single Day 1, among other changes.
– PokerStars isn’t the only online poker room innovating the game of poker. 888poker is set to launch a new game of their own later this month called Pik’em in the run up to the unveiling of a new software platfor, Poker 8, later this year. Details are scant, but the company revealed the new game in a recent conference call with investors.
The new game wont be 888poker’s first attempt at introducing a new game. Last August, the company tested Flopomania, a variant which saw initial success but then faded before being removed from the client.
– This weekend, Daniel Negreanu and Liv Boeree will play chess against two experts as part of the Hand and Brain match, which will get underway on Sunday at 4 PM ET and will be streamed live from the Pokerstars Twitch channel. During the stream, PokerStars and Chess.com will give away a $30,000 Platinum Pass to the person who submitted the best idea to combine chess with poker.
– At the World Series of Poker Europe, the €550 COLOSSUS No Limit Hold’em event continues with the 3rd and 4th Day 1 flights with 40 players surviving the first three flights. Another 153 players entered the Day 1d flight with action continuing through Thursday evening.
– Nick Schulman and Jeremy Ausmus go head to head on a recent Poker After Dark episode in which both get full house while playing $100/$200 No Limit Hold’em with a $20,000 buy-in.
– Check out more from the Triton Poker Super High Roller Jeju, where players sat down for a high-stakes Short Deck Hold’em cash game that included Paul Phua and maybe a little bit of alcohol.