An amateur wins the $50,000 Super High Roller at the Caribbean Poker Party while Steve O’Dwyer is in the driver’s seat of the $25,500 Millions World. These stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
Iadisernia wins $50k Super High Roller as Caribbean Poker Party gets into full swing
The 2018 Caribbean Poker Party continues to heat up with no less than three major events running on Tuesday, after an impressive win by “amateur” Giuseppe Iadisernia in the $50,000 Super High Roller on Monday night in which he outlasted 54 entries to win $845,000.
Day 4 of the $25,500 Millions World kicked off with nine players remaining and Steve O’Dwyer holding the chip lead. As of late Tuesday afternoon, Paul Tedeschi, Ben Tollerene, Roger Teska, Andras Nemeth and Charles La Boissonniere were battling O’Dwyer for the $2 million first-place prize.
In the $5300 Main Event, Day 2 began on Tuesday after three Day 1 flights with 465 players returning with late registration open during the first four levels of Day 2. At the time of this writing, 1208 players had entered and 380 remained. Daniel Rezaei holds a narrow chip lead with Jeff Trudeau in second and Marcel Luske in fourth. Notable players with large stacks include Cliff Josephy, Kristen Bicknell and Brian Hastings.
Meanwhile, the $250,000 Super High Roller Championship kicked off on Tuesday with David Peters taking an early lead. Unsurprisingly, the tournament has attracted some top high rollers including Adrian Mateos, Nick Petrangelo, Stephen Chidwick, Fedor Holz and Justin Bonomo.
– PokerStars Rewards is now available in all markets after launching in New Jersey this month. The new rewards program, which focuses around a randomized Chest-based system, replaced a popular VIP program that benefited the most high volume players. PokerStars says that players have had a “very positive” response to the changes.
– Good news for Twitch Poker fans. Lex Veldhuis returned to his popular stream for the first time since an October 28th fall. The hiatus came from doctors’ orders, which they say was casused due to stress and fatigue.
– WSOP Main Event champions John Cynn, Scott Blumstein and Martin Jacobson will all be making an appearance at the 888poker LIVE London Festival Main Event from November 22nd to December 3rd, which will culminate with a £1,100 buy-in £400,000 guaranteed Main Event beginning on November 28th.
– Max Young earned his 5th WSOP Circuit Ring after winning WSOP Circuit Choctaw, which he took down for a $263,815 first place prize.
– Is the November 25th $20 million guaranteed MILLIONS Online at partypoker setting up to have a huge overlay? As of Tuesday evening, only 565 players have qualified for the event, yielding just over $2.8 million in buy-ins thus far. The overlay might be a reason alone to give the tournament a shot, which players can qualify through satellites for as little as $0.01.
— Lance Bradley (@Lance_Bradley) November 12, 2018
The best poker videos on YouTube
– The latest from poker vlogger Brad Owen, who documents a meetup game at the Westgate in Las Vegas with some players from Run It Up.
– Charlie Carrel talks about what it takes to be a professional poker player in his latest video.
– PokerStars posted a classic video of the Big Game Season 1, which features Daniel Negreanu, David Williams and Doyle Brunson.