Caesars and MGM are among the latest revealing reopening plans for Nevada casinos as well as casinos outside of Nevada. Phil Galfond wins €19k in the latest session of the Galfond Challenge. Find these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
Casears plans to reopen 9 Las Vegas Strip properties
Caesars and MGM have revealed plans to reopen Las Vegas strip casinos. In Caesars’ announcement, they indicated that June is a realistic timeframe for reopening once authorized by state officials. The move comes on the heels of Las Vegas Sands revealing their own plans along with the reopening of King’s Casino Rozvadov yesterday.
MGM also released an in-depth plan with the casino believing they could reopen later this month or early next month.
A BIG GAMBLE? MGM Resorts has released its Las Vegas reopening plans Tuesday, with plans to screen employees and guests, a requirement for all employees to wear masks and physical distancing on property. https://t.co/cqtP2gSWqF
— WRCB-TV (@WRCB) May 12, 2020
Caesars will undergo a gradual reopening with Caesars Palace leading the way, followed by “value-oriented” locations based on demand. The first phase of the reopening process for Caesars will include nine Las Vegas strip properties as well as casinos in Atlantic City, Lake Tahoe and Council Bluffs, IA.
– The Galfond Challenge with ActionFreak continued on Tuesday with Galfond inking a small win after 776 hands. On the day, Phil Galfond took home €19,003.35 to increase his lead to €197,252.62 after 7,272 hands with just under 18,000 hands remaining. The challenge is expected to resume on Thursday after a day off on Wednesday. Poker fans will be able to watch that live on the Run It Once Poker Twitch channel. Missed the session from Tuesday? Check it out below:
– Rounders is the most beloved poker movie ever created with lines from the movie commonly repeated in poker rooms across the globe. CardPlayer recently took an in-depth look into the cheating that was portrayed in the movie — it is definitely worth a read.
– Connor Drinan has won this third PokerStars SCOOP over the last week after taking down the $215 NL08 Six Max PKO for $28,358.58. The win comes after victories in the $530 Pot Limit Omaha 8-or-better for $34,420 on Thursday and the $5,200 PLO 6-Max for $152,011. He now has four career SCOOP titles to his name.
In other online tournament action, Fabio Sperling won the $530 WPT500 #3 event for $281,125 at partypoker, while Andrew Pantling took home a title in the Pot Limit Omaha High Roller for $302,287.
– Part Time Poker’s David Huber takes a deep look into comments Patrick Leonard made against unlimited reentries in online poker tournaments. Leonard said he is 95% sure a financial crash will take place in the online poker world.
– In Tuesday’s featured classic poker training video, we take a look at any episode from Reasons14’s SNG Strategy series. In this episode, Reasons14 live plays multiple tables of a $16 full ring 18-man SNG.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Matt Staples recently made a deep run in the partypoker MILLION event. Watch how it unfolded in a highlight video posted to YouTube:
– Run It back with Remko welcomes High Stakes Poker creator Mori Eskandani to discuss the first-ever episode of High Stakes Poker.