Yet another sportsbook could be coming soon to New Jersey. Poker Masters is off to the races with Event 1 on Friday evening. Find these stories and more in the Friday Hit and Run.
BetStars could be newest sportsbook to go live in New Jersey
BetStars is going close to going live in New Jersey, reports Pokerfuse. The brand will offer the sports betting app for players using iOS and Android devices and will give bettors a chance to take advantage of a $500 new player bonus.
Since launching in May, DraftKings, FanDuel, playMGM, SugarHouse have all went live with sports betting in the state. Caesars and Resorts are also expected to join BetStars in offering sports betting apps soon.
Meanwhile, in other PokerStars news, the online poker room debuted the Stars Store at EPT Barcelona, which featured a variety of PokerStars branded products including shirts, hats, water bottles and electronics. A launch of an online store is expected to go live “soon.”
– The Poker Masters is underway on Friday evening having thus far attracted some well-known pros including Justin Bonomo, Erik Seidel and Isaac Haxton.
– The first week of the WCOOP is in the books. From a big victory from Skaiwalkurrr to a huge field in the $5.50 PKO event, PokerStrategy breaks down the first action from online poker’s biggest tournament series.
Below PokerStars ambassador Jaime Staples talks about how to prepare for the WCOOP:
– While much of the attention focuses on the WCOOP in early September, later this month PokerStars will hold the NJCOOP, a series for PokerStars New Jersey players. Beginning September 29th and running through October 15th, the series will guarantee $1.5 million over 47 events and award 3 Platinum Passes.
– Jeff Gross turned 32 on Wednesday and celebrated in the best way he knows how — by making a deep run in a WCOOP event for 9th place and over $14k while 9,000 onlookers watched the action unfold.
– Savy online poker players who use Heads Up Displays (HUDs) have a distinct advantage over recreational players. Some poker rooms have restricted use of HUDs but during the most recent DAT Poker Podcast, Terrance Chan, Daniel Negreanu and Adam Schwartz wonder if they could instead be built into online poker rooms by default.
– MPN is the latest network to join the September online tournament sweepstakes with the UPOC, which runs for two weeks starting this Sunday. The UPOC will consist of 88 events with a total of $1 guaranteed over the course of the series.