Another major gambling hub could reopen by July 4th. Chidwick is among the latest Super High Roller Bowl winners while Main Event gets underway. Find these stories and more in the Monday Hit and Run.
Governor says casinos could open by July 4th
While many Nevada casinos are set to reopen this week, New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy has indicated Atlantic City casinos are still a few weeks from opening their doors. In a recent radio interview, Murphy said that casinos in Atlantic City could be reopened by July 4th with safety precautions.
Many Las Vegas casinos are on track to open this week. Bellagio, Caesars Palace, MGM Grand, The Venetian and the Wynn are among the casinos that are opening on June 4th with new safety restrictions. The Venetian, South Point and The Orleans will be some of the poker rooms offering 4-handed play. Casinos in Deadwood, Lousiana, Florida and tribal casinos were among the first to begin accepting players.
– Over the weekend, Stephen Chidwick took down the $25k Super High Roller 6-Max at the Super High Roller Bowl Online to win a $430k first-place prize, outlasting a field of 43 players. Other recent big winners include Alexandros Kononias, winning $241k in the $10,300 High Roller 6 Max and Sam Greenwood taking down the $10,3000 High Roller 6 Max for $200k, his second title of the SHRB.
The victories were followed up by wins from Samual Vousden ($252k in the $10,300 High Roller 8 Max), Linus Loeliger ($520k in the $25.5k Super High Roller) and Michael Addamo ($229k in the $10,300 High Roller 8 Max).
Arthur Martiosian has been clinched as the winner of the SHRB Online Series Leaderboard, winning $1.8 million over the more than two-dozen tournaments. His strong performance included a win in Event #16 (the $10.3k for $235k) as well as four 2nd place finishes and two 3rd place finishes.
Meanwhile, the $102,000 Super High Roller Bowl is attracting some of poker’s finest, with 50 entries so far and over $1.7 million set for first place. Watch the action unfold live from the partypoker Twitch channel or follow live updates here.
– Meanwhile at the WSOP Super Circuit Online, “schimmelgodx” is the winner of the WSOP Super Circuit Main Event for $1.27 million, a culmination of a series that generated over $100 million in guaranteed prize pools during May.
– Another large prize was won on the Divine Fortune progressive slot game last week on PlaySugarHouse PA. The jackpot was hit by a woman from Audubon, Pennsylvania for a $533,239.70 payday, the largest ever online in the state. The jackpot has been hit 14 times since the game went live last summer in Pennsylvania.
– For the month of June, Bet365 Poker is offering its players the Bet365 Card Collector. Opt-in daily to collect hole cards at Twister SNGs that can be used for prize wheel spins for Bet365 Coins, cash prizes and Twister tickets.
– In Monday’s featured poker training video, we continue our look at Reasons14’s “SNG Strategy” video series. In this episode, Reasons14 goes over a hand history of a 18-man $1.75 full ring Sit N Go.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Shannon Shorr is the latest guest of “A Hero’s Journey,” hosted by Lee Davy on the Run It Once Poker YouTube channel. Shorr has earned over $8 million in live tournament winnings in his career.
US Players Accepted
Get started with $20 free
Texas Holdem Ring Games, Tourneys, and SNGs
Sweeps Coins Winnings Redeemable For Cash Prizes
US Players Accepted
2,000,000 Gold Coins Free on Sign up
Play Slots and Table Games
Sweep Coins Winnings Redeemable for Cash Prizes