partypoker LIVE Russia concludes, while DDoS attacks are explained. Find these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
Anatoly Filatov Wins in Russia
partypoker ambassador Anatoly Filatov won the Live Russia Main Event on Tuesday morning when he defeated Gor Kazaryan heads-up to win a $887,000 first place prize. The victory was the largest of Filatov’s poker career with his previous largest win coming during a European Poker Tour Main Event in Vienna back in 2014.
Watch the final hand of the heads-up match between Filatov and Kazaryan below:
— partypokerLIVE (@partypokerlive) August 13, 2018
The next partypoker LIVE Millions event is slated for Nottingham, United Kingdom from September 29th to October 7th. The Main Event will feature a £5 million guaranteed prize pool.
– DDoS attacks dominated the the poker news lately, hobbling a diverse group of online poker rooms that include PokerStars, partypoker and Americas Cardroom over the last few days. Poker Strategy examines the recent phenomenon and what players can do to protect themselves.
– Stephen Chidwick is leading in both the Player of the Year and Overall leaderboards in the Global Poker Index as the German holds relatively small leads in both leaderboards versus #2, Justin Bonomo.
– In Andrew Neeme’s latest vlog, he goes over some recent crazy action from the Bellagio:
– PokerStars recently reported company earnings by showing a 6.9% increase in rake collected during the quarter compared to 2017. The company also announced that more changes would be coming to the poker room’s Rewards Program where the poker room will continue to put an emphasis on “net depositing (recreational) players.” PokerStars, who recent announced a partnership with Mount Airy in Pennsylvania, will continue to speak with US companies as they seek targeted partnerships in the regulated US market.
– Doug Polk shares an update on his $1,000 to $10,000 bankroll challenge on his latest YouTube video from the Upswing Poker channel.
– Part Time Poker’s David Huber provides an August 2018 update on the the status of online poker regulation in the United States.
– New Jersey sports betting generated $4 million in revenue during July, which was its first full month in operation. Coming out on top during July was the sportsbook by The Meadowlands followed by the Ocean Resort Casino.