888poker releases a new version of their long-awaited poker softare. Check out the partypoker MILLIONS South America Main Event this weekend. Find these stories and more in the Friday Hit and Run.
Poker 8 now available for download
The first stage of Poker 8 includes the upgrading of graphics for 888poker tables for desktop players, improved graphics, cleaner design and improved functionality. Players will also see improvements to multi-table play, allowing for easier transitions between tables. Additional upgrades will be seen over the coming months.
888poker Holdings’ senior Vice President of B2C said that expectations are high for the new software. “Once the roll-out is complete, we believe our best-in-class platform will offer the most entertaining and engaging experience on the market.”
Since its launch this week, some 888poker users have had experienced some issues and difficulty signing in, an issue which 888poker reps have said will improve over the coming days and weeks:
I gotta say I am greatly disappointed on @888poker new poker software. Just look at the chip positions. 😠😠Maybe you can put them even closer together. And the weird looking placement of your own chips. When you are not in a hand it looks like seat open. Are you serious guys?? pic.twitter.com/zULqIiH5VT
— icho90 (@ichoGAMING) March 20, 2019
– Friday saw Day 3 of the partypoker MILLIONS South America Main Event in Rio De Janeiro. To begin the day, 59 players remained in the tournament of an original 439 entries. As of early Friday evening, Samual Gagnon held the lead with 25 players remaining.
Poker fans can keep up with the action through the partypoker Twitch channel or through live updates from partypokerLIVE:
ICYMI: Phil Hellmuth made his entrance into the tournament in typical Phil Hellmuth style:
— Patrick Leonard (@plenopads) March 19, 2019
– Kristen Bicknell continues to dominate the 2019 Ladies GPI Player of the Year standings but plenty of fresh faces are making an impact on the leaderboard of the best women poker tournament players. Natatlie Teh, Sasha Liu, Sheerry Hammers are among the new names making an appearance.
– In Sochi, Russia, Day 1c of the ₽77,000 EPT National kicked off on Friday after 13 players — out of 84 — survived Day 1b to participate in Day 2 on Saturday. 50 players from the first two flights will join the survivors from Day 1c, which has so far attracted an additional 388 entries enter the tournament. Sunday will see the start of the ₽191,800 EPT Sochi Main Event, which will run from March 24th to March 29th.
– Johnnie “JohnnieVibes” Moreno discusses his 30-day #EmbraceTheGrind Challenge, where he played 150 hours of $5 big blind stakes.
– Friday’s featured Grinderschool training video is the conclusion of CFTheNatrual’s “What are the Odds” series. In the tenth and final episode, CFTheNatural, goes over hands where he has the second nuts and is facing significant aggression.
Best poker videos on the Web
– Steve O’Dwyer is the latest poker pro who is featured in Paul Phua Poker’s “I Am High Stakes Poker” series with interviewer Lee Davy.
– Doug Polk sits down with a student in a preview of an Upswing Lab session: