7 Days to Vegas now available to rent or buy. WPT Maryland draws nearly 500 entries. Find these stories and more in the Monday Hit and Run.
7 Days to Vegas now available on video
After its premiere last week, Vince Van Patten’s 7 Days to Vegas has been released to the public to mostly positive reviews. The World Poker Tour host stars in the movie about a man who engages in a prop bet during a poker game where he must walk from Los Angeles to Las Vegas in 7 days with a suit on millions of dollars on the line.
The Chicago Sun Times Richard Roeper gave the movie three stars and called it “funny, fresh, insightful and entertaining as hell.” The movie is in a limited theatrical run but is available to rent or buy on a variety from YouTube, Amazon Prime, Google Play and Vudu. Watch the preview of the movie below:
– WPT Maryland at Live Casino began Day 2 on Monday with 203 players remaining from two Day 1 flights. Another 102 players entered the event before late registration ended on Tuesday. Brian Altman began the day as the chip leader, which he gave up by late afternoon on Monday as Nitis Udornpim took over the chip lead at the time of this writing. Keep up with live updates from the World Poker Tour website as the players battle towards the $319,415 first-place prize.
– PokerGo dropped the first episode of its “Legends of the Game” series over the weekend. The six-part series will be released weekly from now until November 2 with topics covering Benny Binion, Stu Ungar, The Birth and Rise of Poker, Il Ridotto, Mobe Vegas and Chip Reese. Poker fans can watch the series in 4k, as a subscriber of PokerGo.
– Tonight the Pittsburgh Steelers play host to the Cincinnati Bengals for Monday Night Football. Despite each team’s 0-3 start, MNF presents arguably one of the best opportunities to experience live-in play betting through PlaySugarHouse. Looking for a preview of the game? Check out a review of the Steelers through the first three games and the battle they face tonight.
– Garret Adelstein has been a staple of Live at the Bike over the last few years. Adelstein has been praised by poker fans for his good fortune and excellent play on the stream. On Friday night, he earned some attention for this hand against Andy Tsai (h/t PokerNews).
– Monday’s featured classic Grinderschool poker training video highlights Part 10 of Elliot&ET’s “Zoom Poker” series. In this episode, Elliot&ET plays two tables of $50NL 6 max at PokerStars Zoom, covering topics such as value betting, bet sizing and play during peak times.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Gus Hansen is the latest guest on the Joey Ingram Poker Life Podcast, which was recorded over the summer. Among the topics discussed were Dan Cates, Doyle Brunson and playing the Big Game in Bobby’s Room.
– Missing the WCOOP? You can relive the WCOOP $5,200 Main Event through a live-stream hosted by Joey Ingram:
– Marle Cordiero introduces her new podcast Jamie Kerstetter before discussing her latest poker trip while reviewing some hands from the session. Cordiero fans should try to watch the first episode of laid back “The Rake” podcast, which is being sponsored by Run It Once Poker.
– Jaime Staples plays the $320 Knockout Series during a September 21st session where he comes from a small stack to make the final table: