A poker vlogger wins his first WSOP bracelet while in a car. Daniel Negreanu experiences disconnection issues during live streaming WSOP event. Find these stories and more in the Monday Hit and Run.
Ryan Depualo wins WSOP bracelet from Whole Foods parking lot
Poker player and vlogger Ryan “joeyisamush” Depaulo took down Event #13, the Big $500 No Limit Hold’em event, to win his first World Series of Poker bracelet and a $159,563 first place prize. Notably, Dapaulo took down the event while playing from his car while sitting in a Whole Foods parking lot. The victory marked the second-highest cash of his poker career, behind only his 3rd place finish in the 2019 Colossus for $208,643.
In his path to victory, Depaulo outlasted 2,427 entries including Jack Salter heads-up ($98,621). Other top finishers included Shannon Shoor (7th, $22,826), James Mackey (15th – $8,300.34) and Nick Pupillo (19th – $5242.32)
What WSOP Final Tables look like in 2020 pic.twitter.com/my9kQ4GbK8
— Ryan Depaulo: Degenerate Gambler (@depaulo_ryan) July 13, 2020
If you missed the action from Sunday night, check out a replay of the final table coverage from the Poker Central YouTube channel. Check out Mike Matusow’s showing in The Big 500
Up Next – No Limit Hold’em High Roller Freezeout
Monday sees the start of the $1,500 No Limit Hold’em High Roller Freezout beginning at 3 PM PT. You can keep up with the action from the event through live updates from WSOP.com. You can also watch the action live from Daniel Negreanu’s stream from his YouTube Channel or below. Poker Central will also broadcast the final table from its YouTube channel:
– Daniel Negreanu didn’t have a great experience during the $600 No Limit Hold’em Monster Stack on July 10th in a tournament nearly any online poker player can relate to. In the event, he experienced a series of disconnection issues which was highlighted in the YouTube video below (warning: language). However, afterward he was able to have a bit of fun with his misfortune.
– Live tournament poker has been virtually nonexistent over the last four months, but there is light at the end of the tunnel, at least for one tournament series. Although an official announcement has yet to made, PokerStars has hinted that EPT Sochi is scheduled to take place from October 2nd to October 11th.
– Over the weekend, UFC 251 was held with one Nevada sports bettor losing a hefty sum. According to William Hill, a sports bettor from Nevada placed a $200,000 bet on Jorge Masvidal to win against Kamaru in the title fight at +230.
– In today’s featured poker training video, we continue our look at Carroters’ “Carrots Show” series where he reviews student hand histories. In this video, Carroters goes over a hand history of a student playing $10 NL to find leaks in his game.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Phil Hellmuth is the latest featured poker player on Run It Once’s “A Hero’s Journey” series hosted by Lee Davy. In this episode, Hellmuth talks about his childhood, a psychic and how his marriage almost ended.
– Poker Central continues their look back at past World Series of Poker Main Events, with this episode showcasing Day 1 of the 2008 WSOP Main Event:
– Daniel Negreanu presents highlights from his World Series of Poker vlog during the first week with the top 5 hands during the first bracelet events: