Reaction mixed to dozens of WSOP online bracelet events. GG Poker considering a bold new way to log-in to its online poker room. Check out these stories and more in the Wednesday Hit and Run.
Poker players critize number of 2020 WSOP Online events
The World Series of Poker in Las Vegas is targeted for the fall. But earlier in the week, the World Series of Poker announced that it would hold 85 online bracelet events this summer, a record, split between GG Poker and WSOP.com. Reaction to the news has been mixed with some feeling the number of online events will cheapen the value of a bracelet.
In addition, with the GG Poker an international poker room and WSOP.com available only in two states, American players will be largely shut out of these bracelet events. Other players criticized the lack of mixed games and a focus exclusively on Hold’em and Omaha games.
— 🎈Brandon Shack-Harris (@Oscillator_WSOP) June 8, 2020
– GG Poker is considering biometric Face-ID log-ins to enhance the security on its online poker room. If introduced, the feature would raise some eyebrows, but it would also address of poker’s biggest problems — account security, multi-account and bots.
– A series of World Poker Tour final tables were set to be held in Las Vegas at the HyperX eSports Arena this summer but remain in flux due to social distancing guidelines. The affected tournaments include the $10,000 Gardens Poker Champion, the $10,000 LA Poker Classicc and the $3,500 Borgata Winter Poker Open.
– California tribes have filed a lawsuit against a California sports betting bill proposal that is currently sitting in the legislature. The tribes had already been working towards a proposal of their own as they attempted to collect 1 million signatures but fell short due to COVID-19 restrictions. The tribes have asked for a 90-day extension to collect the remainder of the signatures needed.
– Starting on June 15th, partypoker Cash Game Leaderboards have been revamped from weekly to daily. Despite the change, partypoker will still award over $1 million per month in prizes for eight stake levels for No Limit Hold’em and Pot-Limit Omaha.
– In our most recent posted featured poker training video, we take a look at the final episode of Probrdr’s “Journey through a $109 MTT” series. In this episode, Probrdr goes over the hands and strategy at the final table. Also, check out episode 23 of the Reasons14 “SNG Strategy” video series where he plays a session of $2.50 full ring 9-man turbos.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Lex Veldhuis joins Remko for the latest episode of Run It Back, where the pair watch a High Stakes Poker episode from Season 6 that featured Phil Ivey, Tom Dwan and Daniel Negreanu:
– Veronica Brill and Alisha Daniels-Duckworth join The Rake’s Jamie Kerstetter and Merlie Cordeiro where they discuss the Mike Postle lawsuit dismissed and the effect on the poker community.
– Author Maria Konnikova joins the Weekly Poker Showdown with Jaime Staples to discuss her unique journey in poker and being coached by Erik Seidel.
US Players Accepted
Get started with $20 free
Texas Holdem Ring Games, Tourneys, and SNGs
Sweeps Coins Winnings Redeemable For Cash Prizes
US Players Accepted
2,000,000 Gold Coins Free on Sign up
Play Slots and Table Games
Sweep Coins Winnings Redeemable for Cash Prizes