A record number of online WSOP bracelet events announced for 2020. partypoker revamps its weekly MILLION tournament. Find these stories and more in the Monday Hit and Run.
2020 WSOP online bracelet events to begin July 1st
There may not be an official World Series of Poker this summer in Las Vegas but that is not stopping the WSOP from running online bracelet events. On Monday, it was revealed that a total of 85 online bracelet events would be split between GGPoker and WSOP.com.
For the first time, GG Poker will run at least 50 bracelet events on the network starting July 19th through September 6th for players outside of the United States. The announcement follows a successful run of WSOP Circuit events held on GG Poker last month. WSOP.com will once again host bracelet events for New Jersey and Nevada players, with a single bracelet event held every day of the month during July. PokerGo will stream some of the events online with a delay through PokerGo.
— WSOP (@WSOP) June 8, 2020
– The partypoker MILLION is getting a makeover. The new schedule will run with seven Day 1s running from Monday to Sunday at 19:30 CET. The players remaining after each of the flights will make it to the final day on the following Monday. partypoker’s Rob Yong breaks down the changes to partypoker’s biggest tournament:
– PokerStars recently introduced antes at certain Zoom tables. A player posted on the 2+2 forum that the antes are being trialed at the $2NL-$10NL stakes.
– In his latest article for CardPlayer, former WSOP Main Event champion Greg Raymer says it’s ok to be selfish at the poker table in the age of COVID-19.
– Tom Dwan recently tweeted a claim that he bet $1 million betting — and lost — on the UFC 250 underdog in the Cody Garbrandt/ Raphael Assuncao fight last weekend. Some of Dwan’s followers wondered if they was bluffing or meant Hong Kong Dollars:
– From the Fake News Bin: Days after being cleared in the Stones Live cheating case, Mike Postle has announced he is penning a new book entitled “If I Did It.”
– In Monday’s featured poker training video, we examine an episode from Reasons14’s “SNG Strategy” series. In this episode, Reasons14 live plays a session of $6.50 Full Ring 9-man Turbo Sit N Gos.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– partypoker showcases the top five of Jeff Gross’s bad beats from his Twitch channel:
– Poker Central takes a look at the historic 2003 World Series of Poker Day 1. Watch it below:
– On the subject of looking back on WSOP Main Events, Poker News recently hosted a reunion of the 2010 WSOP Main Event final table:
US Players Accepted
Get started with $20 free
Texas Holdem Ring Games, Tourneys, and SNGs
Sweeps Coins Winnings Redeemable For Cash Prizes
US Players Accepted
2,000,000 Gold Coins Free on Sign up
Play Slots and Table Games
Sweep Coins Winnings Redeemable for Cash Prizes