partypoker reveals $100 million guaranteed WPT World Online Championships. Would you play poker in a bubble? Check out these stories and more in the Friday Hit and Run.
partypoker WPT Online Championship starts July 18th
Less than three weeks since the conclusion of the WPT Online Series, partypoker and WPT have announced the $100 million guaranteed WPT World Online Championship. The series will run from July 18th to September 8th.
partypoker revealed dates for 12 championship events over three different buy-in levels. The events feature buy-ins of mostly $33, $320 and $3,200 event. A $10,300 Main Event will be held on August 29th while high-roller events with $25,500 and $102,000 buy-ins will run on September 5th and September 7th.
Last month, the inaugural WPT World Online Series paid out over $53 million in what turned out to be an historic month for online tournament poker. Christian Jeppsson was crowned the champion of the Main Event, but over 29 days, 94 winners won WPT online events.
— Rob Yong (@rob_yong_) June 12, 2020
– Poker rooms are getting creative in making the games as safe as possible in the wake of COVID-19 fears. At the Rounders Card Club located in San Antonio, Texas players are given the choice of either wearing a mast or being inside of a bubble:
@RoundersCard_SA is requiring everyone to wear masks; however, there is another option. You can enclose yourself in a bubble! They also use a new deck every half hour and rotate chips out of play. What do you think @andrewneeme @Joeingram1 @JohnnieVibes pic.twitter.com/NsQ9JFL8mE
— Isaac Ebrom (@IsaacEbrom) June 10, 2020
Even with more casinos reopening, many casinos have decided to keep their poker rooms closed, at least until a time it is deemed safer. One of those poker rooms that have chosen to open is at Seminole Hard Rock located in South Florida, which will open both properties in Hollywood and Coconut Creek on June 12th.
– Dan Bilzerian has completed work on his autobiography and is looking for a title. Earlier this week, he posted that would give $5,000 to the Twitter user whose title he picked:
Finished writing my autobiography, $5,000 to the best book title in the comments pic.twitter.com/XTGzkNLzKC
— Dan Bilzerian (@DanBilzerian) June 8, 2020
– Luis Vuitton is now selling a designer poker chip set for $24,000, which Barry Carter says looks a lot like a $50 set you can buy on Amazon or Ebay.
– In the Friday featured poker training video, we continue our look at Reasons14’s “SNG Strategy” series. In this episode, Reasons14 reviews a hand history from a $16 18-man Turbo Sit N Go.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Daniel Negreanu, Terrance Chan and Adam Schwartz sit down for the latest DAT Poker Podcast to discuss the announcement of the online WSOP, the dismissal of the Mike Postle lawsuit and other topics:
– ICYMI: Be sure to check out Chris Moneymaker’s appearance on Poker Central’s Run It Back where Remko and Moneymaker discuss his highlights from his epic 2003 win in the 2003 WSOP Main Event.
– Lex Veldhuis showcases his Twitch stream highlights from the first Sunday of the PokerStars SCOOP with $15,000 in buy-ins over the course of the day:
US Players Accepted
Get started with $20 free
Texas Holdem Ring Games, Tourneys, and SNGs
Sweeps Coins Winnings Redeemable For Cash Prizes
US Players Accepted
2,000,000 Gold Coins Free on Sign up
Play Slots and Table Games
Sweep Coins Winnings Redeemable for Cash Prizes