Winfred Yu is the latest Triton Poker winner. Indiana becomes the second state of 2019 to officially pass sports betting after governor signature. Check out these stories and more in the Wednesday Hit and Run.
Triton Poker Montenegro Main Event begins
Day 2 of the Triton Poker Super High Roller Series Montenegro completed on Wednesday with the HKD 100k Short Deck Ante-Only tournament, which was won by Windfred Yu for the equivalent of $265,200 on Wenesday. In his path to victory, Yu defeated a field of 70 entries including Isaac Haxton.
Meanwhile, the 1 million HKD ($125,000) Triton Poker Montenegro Main Event began on Wednesday and will continue until May 10th.
Poker fans can keep up with the action from Triton Poker Montenegro through the Triton Poker Twitch channel throughout the series with coverage beginning at 6:30 AM ET each day.
– Indiana officially becomes the second state to legalize sports betting during 2019 with a signature from Governor Eric Holcomb. Both mobile and land-based sports betting will be allowed under the new law. Last week, Montana became the first state to legalize sports betting this year.
– Blake Whittington took down the WSOP Circuit Main Event event in Tunica to win back-to-back events at the WSOP Circuit stop. For the $1,700 buy-in Main Eent, Whittington took home $151,789 in winning the first place prize and his fifth gold ring. The victory came after taking down the $400 No Limit Hold’em for $23,883 in the tournament prior.
– The pre-WSOP tournaments are picking up with partypoker LIVE also getting into the act. On Monday, the partypoker LIVE Millions North America gets underway from Montreal, Canada, running from May 13 to May 26. The CA$10,300 buy-in MILLIONS North America Main Event will guarantee CA$5 million in prizes and run from May 21 to May 26.
– The 2019 Kentucky Derby has been getting a lot of attention over the last few days for the controversial disqualification of Maximum Security which led to Country House being crowned the winner. But did the track make the right call in coming down with its decision.
– Have you been wondering where 2007 WSOP Europe Main Event champion went to? Although she hasn’t had a tournament cash since last year, she’s been making a name for herself as a YouTube beauty guru.
– Wednesday’s featured classic Grinderschool poker training video of the day is part 3 of BigBadWolf’s look at Double Up Or Nothing SNGs. In this episode, BigBadWolf takes a look at a hand history from $20 DON SNGs.
Best poker videos on the Web
– Brad Owen is at Run It Up Reno for his latest vlog where he’s playing an uncapped $5/$10 game