Triton Poker Super High Roller series continues with more action. PokerStars third-party software developers adapting to restrictions. SugarHouse Casino fined over 2017 hand involving Doug Polk. Check out these stories and more in the Wednesday Hit and Run.
Phua leads at Triton Poker Jeju; Main Event begins
The Triton Poker 1M ShortDeck Ante Only Hold’em event was supposed to crown a winner on Wednesday night. Instead, four players will return on Thursday at 12:30 AM ET as Paul Phua looks to defend his chip lead against Furkat Rakhimov, Wang Jun and Jason Koon.
— Triton Poker (@tritonpoker) March 6, 2019
The conclusion of the 1M ShortDeck Ante Only event isn’t the only event on the docket for Thursday. The day will also see the start of the HDK 2M NLHE Main Event. Poker fans can watch the action live from the Triton Poker Twitch stream below beginning at 12:30 AM ET.
– Software developers affected by PokerStars restrictions on automated seat scripts and hand range reference programs have been adapting to the new rules, reports Pokerfuse. HirokuScript, Need4Seat, Seat Mojo, StarsCaption, Stars Helper are among the programs that have tweaked their programs to be in compliance with PokerStars new terms and conditions.
– The SugarHouse Casino has been fined $32,500 by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board over a “10 Card Stud” hand featuring Doug Polk and Jeremy Kaufman during 2017. The hand, which featured each player flipping for $42,000, is not an legal game under Pennsylvania gaming regulations.
— Brian Pempus (@brianpempus) March 6, 2019
– David ODB Baker held the chip lead for the second day in a row to start Day 5 of the WPT L.A. Poker Classic with 12 players remaining. By late afternoon, Darren Elias seized the chip lead and was followed by former champion Matas Cimbolas and David ODB Baker. Former WPT champion James Carroll is also amoung those still alive. The tournament will reconvene for a final table on March 11th at the Luxor eSports Arena in Las Vegas.
Elsewhere at the L.A. Poker Classic,
– The poker world reacts to the passing of Mike “Wisco” Murray, who won over $1 million playing online poker. Murray, who was 37, has received tributes from Phil Hellmuth, Jared Hamby, Toni Narid and Alex Outhred.
– Part Time Poker’s David Huber writes that MIT will host an “AI for Poker” seminar on March 7th. The seminar will include appearances by Noam Brown and Dr. Thuomas Sandholm, who partnered to create the poker bot Libratus, which famously beat top No Limit Hold’em players heads-up in 2017.
– Wednesday’s featured Grinderschool poker training video is a continuation of Carroters’ “Whack a Fish” series, which discusses optimizing play against fishier players. This episode goes over when to take advantage of small edges and when to leave them.
Best poker videos on the Web
– Phil Galfond continues his Run It Once Poker training series on YouTube where he reviews hands from Run It Once players. This episode focuses on $1/$2 PLO from Run It Once Pro Alien Slayer.
– Watch Lex Veldhuis have some fun after Wang Jun folds aces and then hits an unfortunate turn card while at the Triton Poker Jeju series.
– Erik Seidel talks with Pete Latham at the 2019 Triton Poker Super High Roller Series Jeju: