partypoker LIVE Millions schedule for 2019 announced. A poker power couple are on the top of the 2018 Global Poker Index standings. Check out these stories and more in the Thursday Hit and Run.
partypoker LIVE Millions includes 5 stops
After a successful 2018 season of the partypoker LIVE Millions tour, partypoker has unveiled a schedule for the third season of the increasingly popular live tour. Included in the 2019 schedule is a series of changes highlighted by a single Day 1 freezeout structure — which include no rebuys — with $10,300 buy-ins across all main events. The 2019 schedule will once again culminate with the 2019 MILLIONS Online event. The inaugural MILLIONS Online event held in early December attracted 4,367 entries, which yielded the largest tournament prize pool in the history of online poker.
In addition to the one-day freezeout tournament structure, tournaments during the 2019 schedule feature reduced late registrations. Schedules will also be limited to seven days to allow the host to hold tournament events around the main partypoker LIVE schedule. Additional details are expected to be announced as partypoker finalizes event details.
The 2019 partypoker LIVE Millions Main schedule includes five events:
- MILLIONS South America at Copacabana Palace in Rio de Janiero on March 15th-24th
- MILLIONS North America at Playground Poker Club in Montreal on May 22th-27th
- MILLIONS Europe at King’s Resort in Rozvadov on August 10th-18th
- MILLIONS World at Baha Mar in The Bahamas on November 15th-24th
- MILLIONS Online – Date TBA
– With 2018 in the books, couple Alex Foxen and Kristen Bicknell each take a piece of 2018 Global Index Player of the Year honors with Foxen taking down overall Player of the Year award. Bicknell clinched the Female Player of the Year award, her seconmd year in a row taking down the award.
The 2018 GPI Player of the Year was hotly contested with many top pros putting together impressive years. Rounding out the top 5 of the GPI POY was 2018 GPI European Player of the Year Stephen Chidwick, David Peters, Justin Bonomo and Jake Schindler.
— Alex Foxen (@WAFoxen) January 2, 2019
– 888poker has revealed its live tournament schedule for 2019, which includes five stops as well as a World Series of Poker sponsorship. The schedule begins on February 7th with the 888poker LIVE London kickoff and ends with another stop in London during November. Other stops on the schedule include festivals in Barcelona (May 22nd-June 3rd), Vienna (October 3rd-7th) and the Battle of Matla (October 15th-21st). As an official sponsor of the 2018 WSOP, 888poker will also award a WSOP Main Event package to winners of 888poker LIVE Main Events.
– Dave “Devilfish” Ulliot is the subject of a new documentary produced by partypoker and will air on partypoker TV. Ulliot, who passed away in 2015, was one of the United Kingdom’s most well-known poker players. He was inducted into the Poker Hall of Fame in 2017.
– Check out US Poker’s top poker players to watch during 2019, focuses on players who have so far flew under the radar but are poised to break out in the coming years.
– Today’s Grinderschool.com poker training video of the day is Part 2 of Againstime’s “SNG Quizzes” series. In this episode, Againstime focuses on a quiz for intermediate players.
– Despite the conclusion of the NFL season, daily fantasy football season continues with Wild Card Weekend, where Collin Hulbert gives you his expert picks as you look to put together your lineups for this weekend’s games.
Best poker videos on YouTube
– The secret underground online poker world is the subject of Joey Ingram’s Poker Life Podcast, where he discusses how the games operate.
– In his latest YouTube video, Charlie Carrel holds a live debate with Chris Kruk on the subject of game theory and exploitative poker.
– Brad Owen posts his latest vlog, which features highlights of a meet-up game near his hometown with fellow vlogger Andrew Neeme.