Winnings from the 2018 WCOOP Main Event winner redistributed. Watch the Unibet Poker Open this weekend.Find these stories and more in the Friday Hit and Run.
wann2play original won over $1.3 million in the WCOOP 2018 Main Event
Winnings from the winner of the 2018 PokerStars WCOOP Main Event have been redistributed nearly year and a half after the tournament was held. The original winner of the tournament, “wann2play” originally over $1.3 million in prizes, but his funds were frozen after it was suspected that somebody else was playing the account.
The title will now go to 2nd place finisher eze88888 from Argentina. Linus “LlinusLLove” Loeliger came in third and is expected to be a large benefactor of the move.
2018 WCOOP Main event winner "wann2play" account was frozen shortly after the tournament. Looks like his $1,352,267.97 was finally redistributed to the rest of the prize pool.
Looks like we have a new champion @EzequielWaigel 💪💪💪
— Max Silver (@max_silver) February 28, 2020
– The Unibet Open Dublin Main Event continues this weekend as Day 1b was held on Friday. Poker fans can follow the action live via the Unibet Poker Twitch channel all weekend long. You can also find live updates via Poker News.
– Jackpot Sit N Gos have been introduced to GGPoker as they become the latest site to offer the lottery-style games. With the unveiling of “Spin & Gold” will allow players an optional insurance feature as well as give players special challenges where they can earn cashback up to 60%.
– A couple of other big events are set this weekend. On Friday, the World Series of Poker Circuit Horseshoe Hammond $1,700 Main Event kicked off with Day 1a. Saturday will also mark the first day of the WSOP Circuit from the Bicycle Casino, which will run until March 31st and will award 13 Gold Rings.
Meanwhile, on the World Poker Tour, the L.A. Poker Classic kicks off on Saturday. The tournament series is one of the longest-running in the country, getting its start in 1993. It is also the only WPT event that has run every year since 2003.
– PokerStars PA continues to be the only poker room in Pennsylvania, as they continue to draw impressive numbers since their launch late last year. Here’s an in-depth look at the StarsRewards program that is available to players in the state.
– In Friday’s featured poker training video, we continue our look at Colossos’ “Cash Game with Colossos” series, with recent episodes focusing on his $0.10/$0.25 NLHE full ring play. In this episode, Colossos discusses different playing styles versus the typical grinder and fish.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– Matt Berkey is the latest guest of the Poker Central Podcast where he discusses Solve For Why, playing at the high stakes and big swings:
– Check out some highlights of Jaime Staples during a February 20th session on partypoker, where he plays some tournaments and makes three final tables: