Hit and Run: Zynga Shows Huge Growth; FantasyDraft Could Reimburse Most FantasyAces Players
Zynga Poker grows significantly during 2016. DFS site FantasyDraft looks to reimburse most FantasyAces players. Check out theses stories and more in today’s Hit and Run.
Zynga Poker Grows 44% during 2016
Zynga is back on the poker world radar. The home of the leading poker freeplay app, Zynga showed 44% growth year over year growth during 2016. Despite a lack of attention from the real money poker world over the last couple years, the 10-year old poker app has the largest poker pool of any room in the world. According to PokerScout, the app welcomes an average of 38,500 players at its tables at any one time.
The company’s stock price closed up 2.66% on Tuesday to $2.70. The stock had seen prices approaching $15 back in 2012 as the buzz around the company reached a fever pitch and online poker regulation talk heated up. The company briefly experimented with real money online poker, but chose to go back to its social gaming roots. Most of Zynga Poker’s revenue today comes from the purchasing of virtual currency.
It is believed that Zynga Poker makes up approximately 20% of Zynga’s total revenue for the year.
– Big news in the daily fantasy sports world. FantasyDraft has announced their intention to reimburse up to 99.6% of FantasyAces players. Earlier this month, FantasyAces filed for bankruptcy after a prior deal with FantasyDraft fell through. Should this deal be approved, players with balances under $1,000 would receive cash at FantasyDraft, while players with larger balances would receive FantasyCash and bonuses.
– Believe it or not, the World Poker Tour has went 15 seasons without a woman winning a Main Event title. Can Ema Zajmovic make history at the PartyPoker.net WPT Playground?
– PokerStars will launch PokerStars.cz on February 16th. They will be the first regulated online poker room in the Czech Republic and may be one of the few given the country’s 35% tax on gross revenue.
– Doug Polk’s “Advanced Heads-Up Mastery” course has been released.
— gN Doug Polk (@DougPolkPoker) February 13, 2017
– In other poker training video news, Part 1 of a two-part video series from Grinderschool on “How to Master Limit Hold’em” is being provided by Part Time Poker for free.