The 9th edition of WSOPE is underway. PokerGO adds a prestigious tournament to its schedule. Check out these stories and more in the Thursday Hit and Run.
WSOPE Begins Thursday with MONSTER STACK Event
The World Series of Poker Europe kicked off on Thursday with a €1,100 No Limit Hold’em MONSTER STACK event. The action got underway at 2 PM Czech Republic time. Friday and Saturday will see the remaining two Day 1 flights with Day 2 on Sunday and the final day scheduled for Monday.
The €1,100 MONSTER STACK is the only tournament running until October 23rd when the €540 Pot Limit Omaha event begins. The series will give away 11 bracelets during the 4 weeks with the Main Event (November 4th) and €111,111 Higher Roller for One Drop (November 3rd) among the highlights.
— WSOP (@WSOP) October 19, 2017
– PokerGo has added the ARIA Holler Roller Series final table to their growing broadcast lineup. The High Roller Series had previously been limited to a broadcast on an small poker blog site. The company plans to stream dozens of ARIA High Roller events yearly, with the first broadcast not announced but coming soon.
– Adrian Mateos and Fedor Holz are the leaders on the Triton Macau Main Event final table. Other notable at the final table include Isaac Haxton and John Juanda. The action will resume at 1 PM local time on Friday, where nearly $2.9 million will be awarded to the winner. Check in with PokerNews to stay up with the action.
– Jason Somerville is currently hosting Run it Up Reno from now until October 23rd at the Peppermill Poker Room, where over $300,000 in total guarantees will be run with special room rates.
– PlayMGM will be launching in New Jersey this week and will introduce six weeks of satellites into the $10,000 WPT Bellagio 5 Diamond Classic beginning next week.
– Grinderschool.com poker training video of the day is a session on $10 NL 6-max play. Episode 2 of 7 focuses on identifying and adjusting to fish.