WSOP Europe shows impressive early interest. Phil Hellmuth officially releases his autobiography to the public. Find these stories and more in the Tuesday Hit and Run.
WSOPE Increases Guarantee of Main Event
With the conclusion of the WSOP in Las Vegas last month, it’s not too early to start thinking about the World Series of Poker Europe. Encouraged by early bookings for the 2017 WSOPE at King’s Casino in Rozvadov, Czech Republic, the guarantee for the Main Event has been raised from €4 to €5 million.
The series will begin on October 19th and go through the Main Event from November 4th to 10th. A total of 11 bracelet events will be awarded with results added to the Player of the Year leaderboard that Chris Ferguson infamously currently leads. The World Series of Poker
The WSOP Europe €111,111 High Roller has signed up over 90 players for the November 3rd event. That tournament will include the likes of Phil Hellmuth, Fedor Holz, Patrik Antonius, Antonio Esfandiari and other top players.
– Phil Hellmuth has officially released his latest book Poker Brat, an autobiography which takes readers through his early life to his ascent as one of poker’s most recognizable names.
— phil_hellmuth (@phil_hellmuth) August 1, 2017
– Alex Weldon takes a look at the latest poker rankings picture in his first report since the conclusion of the World Series of Poker.
– Amaya Gaming officially becomes the The Stars Group. The company will begin trading on the Global Select Market under ticket symbol TSG.
– Bart Shirley from US Poker asks whether the newly introduced Poker Masters can be the next big thing in poker.
– Sitting down at a live poker table for the first time can be a nerve-racking experience. Poker Updates’ Jennifer Newell doles out some tips for first time live players.
– Grinderschool.com classic poker training video of the day is on developing reads in 6-max No Limit Texas Hold’em. This episode is the second part in a three part series.