The World Series of Poker Main Event makes some big changes. New Jersey online gaming revenue keeps increasing. Check out these stories in the Monday Hit and Run.
WSOP November Nine Axed for 2017
The 9-year run of the WSOP November Nine is over after Poker Central and the World Series of Poker came to terms on a 4 year deal. Beginning with the 2017 WSO, the Main Event final table will be held over three days from July 20th to July 22nd and bring same-day live coverage of the world’s most prestigious poker tournament through ESPN.
This means that for the first time in its history, the World Series of Poker will be broadcast live from Day 1 until the conclusion of the tournament. Any Main Event coverage not picked up by ESPN will be streamed through Poker Central. ESPN will broadcast a total of 40 hours of live content with a 30 minute delay, starting with the kick-off of the Main Event on July 8th.
— Kevin Mathers (@Kevmath) May 15, 2017
Player reaction to the change has been overwhelming positive since the announcement. Despite the fact the November Nine allowed fans to get to know relative unknown players of the November Nine, it has been by seen some as anti-climatic.
thank god the november nine is done….. didnt like the format at all….. not that i was ever getting to play it……..
— Darren Johnson (@WASHDUDE) May 15, 2017
– New Jersey online gaming revenue climbed 22.6% in April with online poker revenue down 5% over the same time period.
– ICYMI: The parent company of PokerStars, Amaya Gaming, is rebranding as The Stars Group Inc., pending approval from shareholders. The company also plans to move headquarters from Toronto to Montreal.
– Kevin Hart is breathing new life into PokerStars, writes Jennifer Newell of Poker Update. Hart, who is playing in more live events, has been announced as one of the participants in the $300k buy-in Super High Roller Bowl, slated for May 28th at the Aria before the World Series of Poker.
– The administrators overseeing the PKR shutdown are hoping to find a buyer of the long-running poker room. If that effort fails, the group will look to sell the PKR player database and other assets. It is unclear at this time how much funds, if any, players will receive when is a sale does not happen.
– Grinderschool.com classic poker training video of the day is on High Blinds Play in SNGs. This is video is part 6 in a 10 part series.