WPT sweetens WPT500 Aria prize-pool. With 13 left, three former champs still in contention for $50k PPC title. California online poker bill lacks necessary votes. And more.
A single bracelet was won on Monday.
- Event #54, $888 Crazy Eights 8-Handed No Limit Holdem tournament. Playing in his first major poker tournament, Ohio’s Hung Le is the latest bracelet winner at the WSOP, and thanks to the tournament’s 888 themed structure that extends to the prize-pool, $888,888 richer. Le is a Vietnamese immigrant who owns a nail salon in Dayton, and one of the more unlikely, but deserved WSOP winners this year. “I have five kids. We are a lower middle class family. We work hard. This is life changing money for us,” Le told the WSOP following his big win.
- Event #55, $50k Poker Players Championship. The PPC is down to just 13 players and Justin Bonomo continues to lead the way. On his heels are some of the biggest names in poker, including previous PPC winners Mike Mizrachi (2010 and 2012), Brian Rast (2011), and Mike Gorodinsky (2015), as well as Daniel Negreanu, who would love nothing more than to add a PPC win to his ever-growing resume of poker accomplishments.
- Event #56, $1,500 No Limit Holdem tournament. Just 28 players remain, with Matt Affleck out in front.
- Event #57, $1,500 PLO8 tournament. David Nowakowski leads the final 16 players into Day 3.
- Event #58, $1,000 No Limit Holdem with 30 minute levels. Event #58 started Monday with 1,397 players. By the end of the night just 28 remained in the fast-paced event.
Live updates of today’s action can be found here.
Two tournaments are scheduled to get underway today:
- Event #59, $5,000 No Limit Holdem tournament.
- Event #60, $1,500 Seven Card Stud hi/lo 8 or better tournament.
- The small buy-in, branded tournaments the World Series of Poker has been running in recent years have turned into a veritable gold mine, bringing in countless poker hopefuls, and displacing some of the more innocuous events that have littered the WSOP schedule for years.
- It was a big week for female poker players at the WSOP, as two women won bracelets, and a third, former bracelet winner Loni Harwood, came awfully close. Part Time Poker’s Alex Weldon has more on the recent rush the ladies are on.
- The situation in California is looking rather dour. According to OPR’s Dave Palermo, a vote scheduled for June 30 on the state’s online poker bill, AB 2863, was cancelled when the author of the bill counted heads and found he was 12 votes shy… which is a lot in a legislative body that numbers only 80.
- The WPT decided to sweeten the pot at the WPT500 taking place at Aria. The tournament had a $1,000,000 guarantee, but after falling short of doubling that by just $22,000, the WPT kicked in the extra money to bring the total prize-pool up to the nice round $2,000,000 – the equivalent of 44 buy-ins – Kudos WPT.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.