Paul Volpe wins second career bracelet. Ryan LaPlante’s impassioned speech about Orlando tragedy. The return of Howard Lederer is examined. And more.
Four bracelets have been handed out over the weekend, including to Rep Porter (his third) and Ryan LaPlante (his first).
- Event #15, a $1,500 8-Game Mix tournament. Paul Volpe picked up his second career WSOP bracelet on Sunday evening, besting a very tough final table on his way to pocketing nearly $150,000.
- Event #14, The Millionaire Maker, is down to just over 100 players, and by the end of the day today the WSOP is hopeful the final table will be reached.
- Event #16, a $10,000 2-7 Draw Lowball tournament is down to the final nine, after Anthony Zinno was eliminated in 10th place. And what an impressive final nine it is, with the likes of Jason Mercier, Alex Luneau, Stephen Chidwick, Jesse Martin, David Grey, and Mike Watson.
- Event #17, $1,000 No Limit Holdem tournament is heading into Day 2. Even though nearly 2,000 players were eliminated on Day 1, there’s still a lot of tournament left to be played in this one.
- Event #18, $3,000 HORSE tournament. The HORSE tournament is also heading into Day 2, with 144 of the original 400 registrants still in the hunt.
Live updates of today’s action can be found here.
Two more tournaments will get underway today:
- Event #19, a $1,000 Pot Limit Omaha tournament.
- Event #20, a $10,000 Seven Card Stud Razz tournament.
- Part Time Poker’s Valeria Stephens is back with another story on a returning poker exile, as Howard Lederer followed the lead of Chris Ferguson and pulled up a seat at a World Series of poker tournament this weekend. Here’s how his return went.
- Openly gay poker pro Ryan LaPlante won his first WSOP bracelet this weekend, and while accepting the trophy he made an impromptu and heartfelt speech about the recent tragedy in Orlando.
- PokerStars recently ended its long relationship with the TwoPlusTwo Poker Podcast, which means that popular show is now looking for a new sponsor.
PokerStars was approved by French regulators (ARJEL) to offer sports betting in the country. Warning, approval notice is written in French.
- PokerListings has a DIY poker table project, but be warned (hey, that’s the second warning I’ve given in this H&R) there are about as many steps as there are potential flop combinations in Holdem.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.