The 2016 WSOP is in full swing, with results coming in as fast as we can report on them. Howard Lederer returns to the WSOP. California online poker drama. And more.
Four bracelets have been handed out over the weekend, including to Rep Porter (his third) and Ryan LaPlante (his first).
- Event #10, a $1,500 six-handed No limit Holdem tournament. Mike Cordell denied septuagenarian Pierre Neuville (who you may remember from last year’s November Nine) his first WSOP bracelet,
- Event #11, a $10,000 Dealer’s Choice tournament. former pro basketball player Jean Gaspard took the top honor in one of the tougher WSOP events on the calendar.
Event #12, a $565 Pot Limit Omaha tournament. Ryan Laplante won his first WSOP bracelet in what turned out ot be the largest PLO tournament ever held.
Event #13, a $1,500 Seven Card Razz tournament. After triumphing in the Razz event, Rep Porter has quietly amassed three WSOP bracelets. In the process he denied Daniel Negreanu a seventh gold bracelet – Negreanu finished fourth.
- Event #14, The Millionaire Maker. At the time of writing, the starting field of 7,190 players has been whittled down to about 400, but as I’ll explain in a moment, the big story with the Milly Maker is the payout structure.
- Event #15, a $1,500 8-Game Mix tournament. Paul Volpe is looking for his second career WSOP bracelet, as the tourney is now down to just five players following the elimination of Gavin Smith.
- Event #16, a $10,000 2-7 Draw Lowball tournament. 100 players registered for one of the more specialized events of the series, and midway through Day 2 we’re down to just 23 players, including Daniel Negreanu, Anthony Zinno, Jason Mercier, and Mike Matusow.
Live updates of today’s action can be found here.
Two more tournaments will get underway today:
- Event #17, a $1,000 NLHE tournament.
- Event #18, a $3,000 HORSE tournament.
- It seems like there is always some complaint being lodged at the WSOP, and most of the time they seem overly petty or inconsequential. Other times, like the situation with the Milly Maker payout structure seem a bit more warranted.
Because the WSOP guaranteed a million to second place, the payout structure is pretty wonky:
- Over in California it seems to be business as usual, as one tribal group is against the current incarnation of the state’s online poker bill, while another group (a pretty impressive and diverse group) is lobbying for it. Who will win is anyone’s guess, but we may have a clearer understanding following a scheduled hearing Wednesday.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.