Brian Rast wins the Poker Players Championship… again. Tag Team tournament steals the headlines. PokerNews and Borgata teaming up for poker tournament. And more.
A single bracelet was won on Wednesday, but it was a big one, for multiple reasons.
- Event #55, $50k Poker Players Championship. Brian Rast won the Poker Players Championship for the second time on Wednesday evening. In the process he denied Justin Bonomo the WSOP win he so covets (Bonomo now has two 2nd place and two 3rd place finishes at the 2016 WSOP), and Mike Mizrachi an unprecedented third Poker Players Championship win – Mizrachi finished fourth. You can find more information on Mizrachi’s uncanny ability to do well in this tournament here, courtesy of PocketFives.com’s Lance Bradley.
- Event #59, $5,000 No Limit Holdem tournament. With a strong turnout, the $5k NLHE event still has 39 players as the tournament heads into Day 3.
- Event #60, $1,500 Seven Card Stud hi/lo 8 or better tournament. Day 3 of the Stud 8 tournament will start with just 14 players, among them, John Monnette, which shouldn’t be a surprise, as all he does is make WSOP final tables.
- Event #61, $1,000 Tag Team tournament. 863 teams have been pared down to just 126 in what is turning out to be one of the more upbeat tournaments in WSOP history. More on this event can be found below.
- Event #62, $25k PLO High Roller. PLO continues to be a big draw as 163 players parted with $25,000 to enter this event.
Live updates of today’s action can be found here.
Two tournaments are scheduled to get underway today:
- Event #63, $1,000 No Limit Holdem tournament.
- Event #64, $3,000 PLO8 tournament.
- As noted above, the Tag Team event was a surprising success for the WSOP. The tournament not only produced a larger than expected field, but it also created an incredibly fun atmosphere for those involved.
- Two-time bracelet winner Kristen Bicknell talked to Poker Listings about the perception of women in poker.
- PokerNews.com has announced a joint venture with Borgata in Atlantic City, where they will host the inaugural North America PokerNews Cup tournament. PokerNews held a similar event at the King’s Casino in Razvadov, and the success of that event led to PokerNews teaming up with Borgata.
- Read our review of Mike Sexton’s autobiography, Life’s a Gamble.
- The WSOP isn’t the only game in town. The WPT500 at the Aria has come to a conclusion, and it was Andreas Olympios who walked away with the trophy and lion’s share of the prize-pool, a cool $260,000.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|Sky Casino Poker Review: No Deposit Bonus|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.