The Hit & Run Weekender edition will get you caught up on all the latest happenings you may have missed from the WSOP and the world of poker. And more.
- Event #21, a $3,000 Six-Handed No-Limit Hold’em tournament. Calvin Lee picked up his first gold bracelet in the 6-Max NLHE event, besting Mark “Dipthrong” Herm and Will Givens at the final table.
- Event #22, a $1,500 Limit Hold’em Event. Danny Le proved Limit Holdem isn’t dead just yet, besting a tough lineup of specialists to win his first WSOP gold bracelet.
- Event #23, a $2,000 No-Limit Hold’em tournament. Spain’s Cesar Garcia gave his rowdy rail something to cheer about, as he became only the third Spaniard to win WSOP gold.
- Event #24, a $10,000 HORSE Championship. Some random player named Jason Mercier won the $10k HORSE tournament. We’re not sure if Mercier has any previous results worth noting, or any sick prop bets, but he does have a cute little dog that accompanies him.
- Event #25, $2,500 No Limit Holdem tournament. New Jersey’s Mike Gagliano (he’s one of the top online players in the state) took home his first bracelet in the $2,500 NLHE tournament.
- Event #26, $1,500 Omaha 8 or better tournament. The UK’s Benny Glaser is the latest Omaha 8 bracelet winner.
- Event #27, $1,000 Seniors Championship. The tournament is down to just 57 players after a record setting field of 4,499 players registered. Among the chip leaders is pre-boom sensation Toto Leonidas.
- Event #28, $10k Limit Holdem Championship. This tournament probably has more repeat final tablists than any other, as the format has become highly specialized. Among the remaining 10 players are Brian Rast, Bill Chen, Brock Parker, and David Chiu.
- Event #29, $1,500 No Limit Holdem. The weekend $1,500 NLHE tournament drew a field of 1,796 players. Expect the field to be pared down to around 30 players today.
- Event #30, $3,000 PLO. 586 players registered for the tournament, and just 119 punched their ticket to Day 2. Among the remaining players is PLO’er Joey Ingram of Poker Life Podcast fame, who will have a massive support team should he make a deep run.
Live updates of today’s action can be found here.
Two more tournaments will get underway today:
- Event #31, the $1,000 Super Seniors tournament.
- Event #32, the $10k Omaha 8 or better championship.
- As I sarcastically alluded to above, this Mercier fellow can really play some poker.
- The New York Post takes a look at four poker players who quit their day jobs to become professional gamblers, including Erik Seidel and Dan Shak.
- Massachusetts lottery might be headed online following passage by a joint committee on Friday. There is still a long way to go, but this is an important first step in the process.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|Sky Casino Poker Review: No Deposit Bonus|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.