Jason Mercier is at it again; makes another deep run in a $10k event. California and Pennsylvania legislation updates. GAN fined by the DGE. And more.
Two bracelets were handed out on Monday.
- Event #27, $1,000 Seniors Championship. 54 year old Johnnie Craig is the winner of the largest Seniors Championship in WSOP history. Craig will take $538k with him back to Texas.
- Event #30, $3,000 PLO. Russian Viatcheslav Ortynskiy took home $344k and his first career bracelet.
- Event #29, $1,500 No Limit Holdem. After 200 hands on Monday, Jens Grieme and Alexander Ziskin will return to the Rip today to conclude what has been an epic heads up battle.
- Event #31, the $1,000 Super Seniors tournament. Nearly 1,500 players registered for this event, and partway into Day 3 we are now down to just 13.
- Event #32, the $10k Omaha 8 or better championship. An absolute murderer’s row lineup will be back in action today as Matt Glantz leads the remaining 16 players (which includes Jason Mercier) into Day 3 of the O8 Championship.
- Event #33, $1,500 Summer Solstice No Limit Holdem tournament. 1,840 players registered for the Summer Solstice tournament (which has the same structure as the Monster Stack) and after a full day of play the field has been pared down to just 445 players.
- Event #34, $1,500 2-7 Triple Draw Lowball tournament. The 2-7 tournament had a pretty strong turnout, with over 350 players entering the not commonly spread format. It could be a quick day, as the field is already down to just 65 players, with the tournament scheduled to stop once the final table is determined.
Live updates of today’s action can be found here.
Two more tournaments will get underway today:
- Event #35, $5,000 Six-Max No Limit Holdem tournament.
- Event #36, $2.500 Omaha8/Seven Card Stud 8 or better tournament.
- Who do you got; Jason Mercier or Fedor Holz? That’s the question F5 Poker is asking as they try to determine who the hottest player in poker is.
- Things are heating up in California on the online poker front, as both sides continue to make their case ahead of a hearing scheduled for tomorrow.
- As we noted yesterday, it looks like Pennsylvania is getting serious about online gambling, and a potential vote in the House of Representatives could happen as early as this week.
- GAN was hit with a $25k fine by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement. The fine stems from a glitch in their mobile platform that didn’t go through the proper testing protocols and was in use by BetfairCasino.com. The glitch allowed out of state players access to the site.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.