Vanessa Selbst dodges a bullet, as Mercier finishes 2nd in Razz event. A look at the World Series of Beards. New York online poker might be passed over this year. And more.
- Event #19, $1,000 PLO. Sam Soverel took home the bracelet and a hefty payday of $185k in Event #19.
- Event #20, $10,000 Razz Championship. It was a raucous affair as the Jason Mercier and Vanessa Selbst became quite interesting when Mercier found himself heads-up for his second bracelet of the series. But it wasn’t meant to be, as Ray Dekharghani defeated Mercier for the title.
- Event #21, a $3,000 Six-Handed No-Limit Hold’em tournament. The field is down to the final seven players, and should wrap up by the end of the evening.
- Event #22, a $1,500 Limit Hold’em Event. The Limit tournament is also down to the final table, and we should have a winner by tomorrow morning.
- Event #23, a $2,000 No-Limit Hold’em tournament. The oddly priced $2k NLHE tournament attracted 1,419 players, and midway through Day 2 there are less than 100 remaining.
- Event #24, a $10,000 HORSE Championship. 171 players want to be crowned HORSE Champion, and don’t look now, but Jason Mercier is one of the chip leaders with 34 players remaining.
Live updates of today’s action can be found here.
Two more tournaments will get underway today:
- Event #25, $2,500 No Limit Holdem tournament.
- Event #26, $1,500 Omaha 8 or better tournament.
- Beards, beards, everywhere there’s beards. Itchy, scratchy beards. And PokerListings has decided to chronicle the best of the best when it comes to beards at the WSOP.
- With a new autobiography out (I have the review copy and should have a review up in the coming week or so) Mike Sexton is a very busy man at the World Series of Poker, as the partypoker blog details.
- Las Vegas is getting an NHL team, and Daniel Negreanu was an integral part of wooing the NHL to the City of Sin. If you haven’t been following this story, this PocketFives column will get you up to speed.
- We’re counting down the hours until the New York legislature wraps up their 2016 legislative, and while DFS legislation is looking more and more likely, online poker legalization is starting to look like a long shot. Still, as a famous New Yorker once quipped, it ain’t over til it’s over.
- Jason Somerville wants you to fight for right to party play poker, by joining the joint movement by PokerStars and the Poker Players Alliance called #Fight4Poker that we reported on in yesterday’s Hit & Run.
- Thomas Boivin denied Mukhul Pahuja yet another major tournament victory at the latest MSPT stop that took place at the Venetian. Coinciding with the World Series of Poker, the MSPT Venetian is one of the biggest stops the tour hosts, evidenced by the $350k Boivin pocketed for the win.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.