Vanessa Selbst is sweating as Jason Mercier bracelet hunts. California’s attempts to legalize online poker ran into some hurdles. PPA and PokerStars team up. And more.
- Event #14, The Millionaire Maker. Jason DeWitt and Garret Greer both pocketed a million dollars thanks to the unique payout structure of the WSOP Millionaire Maker. The feel good story at the table, kindergarten teacher Lisa Meredith, didn’t win $1,000,000, but she did finish in 3rd place for a cool $500k payday.
- Event #17, $1,000 No-Limit Hold’em. Chase Bianchi took home his first WSOP bracelet and nearlyh $317k.
- Event #18, $3,000 H.O.R.S.E. Limit Holdem phenom Marco Johnson won his second WSOP bracelet by triumphing in the $3k HORSE tournament.
- Event #19, $1,000 PLO. The tournament is down to just 12 players at the time of writing. Dan Shak is the only well-known still alive.
- Event #20, $10,000 Razz Championship. This is the talk of the WSOP, as Jason Mercier is looking for his second bracelet of the year, and in doing so would be two-thirds of the way towards winning a very substantial prop bet… more on that in a moment.
- Event #21, a $3,000 Six-Handed No-Limit Hold’em tournament. The field, which started with over 1,000 players, should be pared down to two or three tables by the time the day is over.
- Event #22, a $1,500 Limit Hold’em Event.One of the few Limit Holdem events on the schedule enters day 2 with 157 players from the starting field of 665 remaining.
Live updates of today’s action can be found here.
Two more tournaments will get underway today:
- Event #23, a $2,000 No-Limit Hold’em tournament.
- Event #24, a $10,000 HORSE Championship.
- Part Time Poker’s Valeria Stephens is back with another story on a returning poker exile, as Howard Lederer followed the lead of Chris Ferguson and pulled up a seat at a World Series of poker tournament this weekend. Here’s how his return went.
- Alex Weldon takes a look at Vanessa Selbst’s self-inflicted anxiety attack she’s currently dealing with thanks to a couple of drunken side bets. And over on FlushDraw.net, Haley Hintze is even less sympathetic to Selbst’s plight, heaping some criticism on the way she handled trying to buy out of the bet.
- California is going to California. Once again the Golden State’s efforts to pass an online poker bill has running into several hurdles. This time it was an expected vote in the Assembly Appropriations Committee that never took place, and once again we saw the political clout of the state’s various gaming interests on full display as the two sides squared off.
- Meanwhile, PokerStars and the Poker Players Alliance have teamed up to try to push one or more of the four online gaming bills currently being considered across the finish line.
- New Jersey’s online gaming revenue numbers are in, and while May wasn’t another record-setter, it was still the industry’s second best month to date.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.