The WSOP Main Event will play down to the October/November Nine today. Could you ever fold quads? Drunk player booted from Little One for One Drop tournament. And more.
The Main Event is down to just three tables, and by the end of play today the tournament will be down to just nine… nine players who will all be guaranteed at least $1,000,000 by the way. Following the elimination of the 10th place finisher the tournament will be paused, and the remaining players will go on a long break as they prep for the final table. The final table will resume on October 30 and play out over three days.
There are a lot of recognizable names left in the hunt, including Jared Bleznick, Tom Marchese, former November Niner Antoine Saout, James Obst, Griffin Benger, and the man who made poker staking an artform, Cliff “JohnnyBax” Josephy.
This is one of my favorite poker days of the year, but unfortunately, because of ESPN, the WSOP is unable to provide a live stream of the action.
Written live updates of today’s action can be found here.
- Part Time Poker’s Alex Weldon takes a look at a new poker variant that all the cool kids have been playing in the WSOP side games, Drawmaha. What will they think of next…
- With her 101st place finish in the WSOP Main Event, Gaelle Bauman was the last woman standing in the Main Event for the second time, something only fellow poker pro Maria Ho has accomplished. Baumann nearly became the first woman since Barbara Enright (1995) to make the final table in 2012, where she finished in 10th place.
- Over the years there have been some crazy drunken performances at the WSOP tables, but finally, the age old question, “can you be too drunk to play in the World Series of Poker,” has been answered, and the answer is yes. A player in the Little One for One Drop tournament was booted from the tournament for his drunken behavior.
- Kyle Bowker either made one of the sickest laydowns in poker history, or he’s gunning for my “biggest nit in poker” title… a crown I will not relinquish easily, but folding quads might force me to pass the crown to Bowker.
- Still risking your poker bankroll at offshore online poker sites? Than John Mehaffey’s monthly offshore payment processing report is required reading.
- Todd Breyfogle accused a Venetian poker dealer of “cold-decking” players. According to Breyfogle, cold-decking isn’t a thing of the past, as he intimated it’s been done at The Bicycle Casino in the past.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: BONUS101|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.