Colossus falls short of 2015 numbers, but not by much. Chris Ferguson returns to the Rio. A simple way to improve WSOP coverage is put forth on 2+2. And more.
The 10k Stud Championship overshadowed everything thanks to the return of 2000 WSOP Main Event Champion Chris Ferguson (more on this in a moment), but lost in the shuffle is the disturbing attendance trend since the WSOP reinstituted the $10k buy-in for Championship events in 2014 after a two year hiatus from 2012-2013:
Meanwhile, the final numbers are in for the Colossus, and they are both remarkable, and at the same time, a bit disappointing, as the tournament failed to eclipse last year’s entries.
Below is “Inside the Numbers” for WSOP Colossus II, which featured record 3,245 players paid out (most ever live). pic.twitter.com/e9SlhQhdX9
— Chad Allan Holloway (@ChadAHolloway) June 5, 2016
The remaining players in the Colossus II field will be combined for Day 2, but there is still a long way to go before a winner is crowned.
The Stud Championship will play down to the final table.
The Top Up Turbo has begun, and attendance is so-so. And as I predicted, the complaints have already started rolling in.
Live updates of today’s action can be found here.
In addition to the events noted above, the $1,500 Dealer’s Choice tournament will get started today.
- As noted, Chris Ferguson made his first appearance at the World Series of Poker since the 2010 series. The former Main Event champion has likely stayed away due to his role with Full Tilt Poker, and the subsequent issues that arose following Black Friday.
- Very rarely does 2+2 unanimously agree to any idea, but a recent suggestion by one poster has garnered near-universal support. The idea? Change the way live updates are displayed… or as some other posters noted, give the user the option.
- The WSOP isn’t the only game in town this weekend, as the Venetian and Golden Nugget are hosting large scale tournaments in conjunction with two national tours. Monday at the Venetian will mark the start of the MSPT Main Event, and at Golden Nugget it’s Poker Night in America putting on the tournament.
- If you’ve grown pessimistic about poker in the united States I suggest this article I penned for US Poker, detailing two new poker rooms that have recently opened in Atlantic City and Las Vegas.
- Atlantic City’s Showboat Casino will be reopening per a story by the Associated Press. However, the new Showboat will not be a casino.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.