Kristin Bicknell is the first Canadian and first female bracelet winner of the 2016 WSOP. California card rooms get some bad news. Difference of opinion in NY. And more.
Two more bracelets were handed out on Thursday.
- Event #46, $1,500 No Limit Holdem Bounty tournament. Kristin Bicknell just joined a very short list of female poker players with two or more WSOP gold bracelets. The 2013 Ladies Champion added an open-event bracelet to her resume this time around, along with nearly $300k in prize money.
- Event #49, $1,500 Seven Card Stud tournament. Shaun Deeb absolutely decimated what was considered an incredibly tough final table to pick up his second career gold bracelet, and cement himself as one of the best players in the game.
- Event #50, $1,500 No Limit Holdem Shootout. 12 players will battle it out for the 50th gold bracelet of the 2016 WSOP, including Vanessa Selbst, Sam Greenwood, and Niall Farrell.
- Event #51, $10k eight-handed PLO Championship. Just 28 players remain in the hunt for one of the biggest paydays of the 2016 WSOP (nearly $900k for first place), which should make for a fun and exciting day in what is always a fun and exciting format, PLO.
- Event #52, $3,000 No Limit Holdem tournament. 287 are back in action for Day 2 of the $3k NLHE event.
- Event #53, $1,500 PLO/PLO8/Big O tournament. John Monette went from the final table of the Stud event won by Shaun Deeb to the chip lead after Day 1 of the Mixed-Omaha tournament.
Live updates of today’s action can be found here.
A single tournament is scheduled to get underway today:
- Event #54, $888 Crazy Eights 8-Handed No Limit Holdem tournament.
- PocketFives.com’s Lance Bradley caught up with 2016 WSOP bracelet winner, and New Jersey native, Mike Gagliano for an exclusive interview.
- New York Assemblyman Gary Pretlow’s reasoning for not acting on the online poker bill passed by the Senate doesn’t pass the smell test of State Senator John Bonacic. Bonacic didn’t hold back either, telling PoekrNews.com (among other things), “His argument made no sense to me.”
- California card rooms got some unpleasant news on Thursday. A review by the Bureau of Gambling Control will cause the state’s card rooms to implement restrictive changes to the way they run player-banked games.
- California’s online poker battle heated up on Thursday, as the Pechanga coalition decided to make a counterproposal to the current bad actor language in the state’s proposed online poker bill. The Pechanga offer is, shall we say, over the top.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.