Ryan D’Angelo wins his first WSOP bracelet playing 2-7 Lowball. Poker video goes viral. Aaron Paul discusses playing in the Global Poker League. And more.
A single bracelet was handed out on Wednesday.
- Event #7, the $1,500 2-7 Lowball tournament. After a tough back-and-forth battle with John Monette (who was one of the most coveted players in fantasy drafts), Ryan D’Angelo claimed his first WOP bracelet.
- Event #6, a $1,500 NLHE event, is down to four players. Among the people competing for the bracelet is 2010 WSOP Main Event runner-up John Racener.
- Event #8, the $1,500 HORSE tournament is down to 20 players, and the plan is to crown the champion today. The lineup is a pretty star-studded affair, as Justin Bonomo, Scotty Nguyen, and Matt Glantz are among the final 20 players.
- Event #9, the $10k Heads-Up NLHE tournament is down to the final four, and the odds on favorite has to be Olivier Busquet, with Alex Luneau a close second.
- Event #10, a $1,500 six-handed No limit Holdem tournament garnered nearly 1,500 entries (1,477 to put a precise number on it) and after a full day of play just 183 players remain in the hunt.
- Event #11, a $10,000 Dealer’s Choice tournament attracted 118 of the best poker players in the world, and with a fairly fast Day 1 structure, just 41 moved on to Day 2.
Live updates of today’s action can be found here.
Two more tournaments will get underway today:
- Event #12, the $565 Pot Limit Omaha tournament.
- Event #13, the $1,500 Seven Card Razz tournament.
- It’s always nice to see poker get some mainstream love, even if that love usually comes at the expense featured in the story. This time around it was a premature celebration by the rail of Jim Horack that caught Bleacher Report’s attention and subsequently went viral.
- Mike might get most of the attention, but following his win in the $10k Stud Championship, it’s his brother Robert who can lay claim to the most WSOP bracelets at the next Mizrachi family get together.
- Actor Aaron Paul made his Global Poker League debut this week, and has been very busy promoting poker, and specifically the GPL since his heads-up match against Fabrice Soulier – Paul won one of the three matches.
- 888 has added a pretty big name to their small stable of sponsored poker players, Chris Moorman. Moorman, considered the best online tournament player in the history of the game joins Kara Scott, Sofia Lovgren, Dominick Nitsche, and Jesse Sylvia, as well as soccer legend Denilson on the 888 roster.
- People will have to wait even longer to see the $2 billion Wynn Boston Hotel and Casino, as the casino’s timeline for opening has been pushed back to 2019 following yet another delay.
|Don't want to deposit? Try free bankrolls.|
Major room, easy qualify
Good for MTT / SNGs Only
|Complete Online Poker Room Reviews|
|Bet365 Bonus Code: PBONUS|
|PlanetWin365 Promotion Code: 5CGQYAAAABZGE3TB|
|888 Poker Review and Bonus|
|Sky Casino and Poker Review|
Online since 2004, PartTimePoker.com brings together a unique combination of top-paying poker rakeback and prop offers and a variety of poker-related content including poker news, strategy articles, free poker training reviews and the latest Poker News and Gossip. PartTimePoker.com - your best source for online poker.
PTP offers several rakeback and free bankroll offers for our viewers. If you're not familiar with rakeback, read our guide to online poker rakeback. To learn how much you could be earning with rakeback, check out our rakeback calculator.
Free and no deposit bankrolls (also called free poker money) are essentially promotional deals we've arranged with rooms where they give you a small amount of money (usually $10-$150) started.