Another state passes sports betting legislation. Fedor Holz to make an appearance on Facebook Live on Tuesday. Find these stories and more in the Monday Hit and Run.
West Virginia Passes Sports Betting Legislation
This year could end up being a huge year for sports betting. Last week, West Virginia became the first state to pass sports betting legislation this year. In passing the bill, West Virginia joined Connecticut, Mississippi, New Jersey and Pennsylvania that have legalized sports betting on the state level.. Over a dozen states have thus far considered sports betting including California, Missouri and New York.
Why the sudden momentum for a practice that has been taboo in the United Stats (except of course Nevada)? States and industry observers are increasingly optimistic that the U.S. Supreme Court could strike down a law that currently restricts sports betting to Nevada. In arguments heard late last year, a majority of the Court seemed to be sympathetic to New Jersey’s case. A decision is expected sometime by the end of the summer.
The @AmerGamingAssn, which has been historically opposed to or neutral on online casino/poker, touted mobile sports betting in a call with press just now.
— Dustin Gouker (@DustinGouker) March 12, 2018
– Fedor Holz is on Facebook Live on Tuesday night answering questions from poker fans. You can join the chat by going to the Primed Mind Facebook page (h/t f5poker).
Attention all poker fans!♣️ Mark it in your calendars…Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 8:00pm (CET) we will be hosting a Facebook live Q&A with the one and only @CrownUpGuy #fedorholz #primedmind #poker pic.twitter.com/qeN9He5fea
— Primed Mind (@primedmind) March 6, 2018
– Doug Polk breaks down the so-called “fold of the century” at the WPT Rolling Thunder final table last week:
– Gus Hansen participated in Poker After Dark last week. While in Las Vegas, Hansen joined the likes of Dan Cates, David Oppenheim and Doyle Brunson for a $1500/$3000 Limit Hold’em game at Bobby’s Room at the Bellagio.
– Pennsylvania’s mini-casinos are getting the bulk of the current attention in PA’s recent recently gambling expansion. But last week the state failed to attract a bid from Pennsylvania casinos for the 5th mini casino, meaning the auction will be opened to resort casinos as well as casinos that have already won bids. David Huber breaks it all down in an FAQ posted today.
During the week daily fantasy sports applications became available in Pennsylvania.
– ICYMI – Industry veteran Michael Josem joins the Poker Life Podcast to discuss a variety of topics with Joey Ingram.
– Grinderschool.com poker training video of the day is a continued look at the “Shoving Theory” series by Againstime. In this episode, Againstime focuses on shoving over limpers in multi table tournaments.