The $100k PCA High Roller enters a final day. An Upswing PLO coach makes a surprise departure. Find these stories and more in the Monday Hit and Run.
Watch the Final Table of PCA $100K High Roller
The final table of the PCA Super High Roller got underway on Monday.
At the time of this writing, Bryn Kenney holds the chip lead with many other well-known names in the mix. Joining Kenney are Day 1 leader Ivan Luca, Justin Bonomo, Cary Katz and Daniel Negreanu.
Watch the action live below:
Meanwhile at the PCA, Kevin Hart plays a truly amazing hand during a cash game:
The PCA will continue through January 14th. The remaining events are highlighted by the start of the $10,000 Main Event Monday, and the $50,000 PCA High Roller final table on Tuesday. A 3-day $25,000 buy-in PCA High Roller will begin this Friday.
– Upswing Poker’s Doug Polk has issued a statement in response to JNandezPoker leaving Upswing Poker at the beginning of April. Polk said the company would be offering pro rated refunds for those that purchased 6 and 12 months and says “in the future we will not be relying on a single coach to bring content on a subscription course.”
Below is JNandez87’s comment on his resignation at Upswing Poker.
– Several states could regulate online gambling this year. At the top of the list are Massachusetts, Michigan, New York, Rhode Island, Illinois and New Hampshire.
– Molly’s Game director Aaron Sorkin apparently isn’t a huge fan of watching poker, calling the World Series of Poker “the worst spectator sport ever.”
– ICYMI: Felipe Mojave Ramos announced his departure from PokerStars last week
– Grinderschool.com poker training video of the day is a continuation of the “Hold’em or Fold’em” PLO series. In this episode, CFTheNatura goes over some multi-faceted post-flop decisions.