Hit and Run: TwoPlusTwo Reveals Recent Hack; Jason Koon Wins the PokerStars Bahamas Super High Roller
Poker forum TwoPlusTwo reveals hack that took place late in 2016. Jason Koon takes down the Super High Roller in the Bahamas. Check out these stories and more in the Monday Hit and Run.
TwoPlusTwo Informs Users of Database Compromise
If you’re a member of the TwoPlusTwo forums, you want to change your password. The popular poker forum revealed to users in an email that they had learned on January 8th that their user database had been comprised and that all users who registered prior to November 20th should assume that they had been affected. Information compromised includes 2+2 username, email, encrypted password, birth date and IP address.
TwoPlusTwo is advising users to take the following actions to minimize their risk to this recent hacking:
1) Change your Password on 2+2
2) Change ALL other passwords that are the same or similair
3) Start using unique passwords for every site, these breaches are so common. I’d recommend a password manager like lastpass
4) Enable 2 factor authentication on any vital accounts/emails
5) Take extra precautions to verify identity when trading via 2+2 (or any other site) via separate means
TwoPlusTwo denies claims from a party which says that it hacked the database on Dececmber 7th.
TwoPlusTwo was previously hacked in a high-profile incident in April 2012. During that incident, the TwoPlusTwo forums were shut down as a precaution.
– Jason Koon was the winner of the PokerStars Championship Bahamas Super High Roller for a prize of $1,650,000. Dan Colman finished in third place with $759,660 while Comedian Kevin Hart finished in 25th place.
– One of the biggest champions for online poker legislation growth in New Jersey has announced his run for New Jersey governor. Lesniak, a Democrat, was instrumental in bringing online gaming to the state in 2013 and was a big proponent of PokerStars’ reentry into the state and has also advocated for New Jersey to be a hub for international gambling. The New Jersey gubernatorial election will be held on November 7th, 2017.
– In late December, Doyle Brunson posted some crytic tweets about an incident involving two players throwing 150k in chips on to the floor. Those players have since been revealed to be Gus Hanson and David Oppenheim.
Also had some fireworks in bobby's room. Two players that had been playing for 48 hours got tilted and threw 150k chips in cardroom floor.
— Doyle Brunson (@TexDolly) December 28, 2016
– Party Poker launches new Global Live Tour.