Poker and game streamers participate in a $100,000 charity poker game this weekend. DraftKings announces sponsorship of WPT event next year. Find these stories and more in the Friday Hit and Run.
Streamers Playing for $100,000 to Charity
Looking for some quality poker streaming this weekend? Poker streamers including Jason Somerville and Lex Veldhuis will join popular game streamers for a $100,000 Charity Invitational
The event, which is being organized to bring awareness to select charities, will be live streamed on Twitch on a 30 minute delay on Friday and Saturday beginning at 4:30 PM ET each day. The top four players from the event will receive prizes ranging from $10,000 to $50,000 with prizes going to a charity of the winner’s choice.
Catch the action below:
– DraftKings is trying their hand at a poker sponsorship again with the announcement that DraftKings will be among the sponsors for the World Poker Tour European Championship in Berlin scheduled for this January. As part of the deal, DraftKings will be offering DFS contest that will qualify players into the popular poker tournament.
– Pennsylvania poker players continue to react to Pennsylvania’s efforts in late October to regulate many forms of online gambling, which looks to launch sometime in the middle of 2018.
– With less than two months to go, it’s not too early to take a look at 2018. David Huber shares five of his predictions for the next year.
– Alex Weldon sits down with Abe Limon in the latest PTP Podcast to discuss a variety of topics including the Tsoukernik/Kirk lawsuit, poker strategy and a series of public controversies recently in the news.
– Grinderschool.com poker training video of the day is a look back at another classic series – Season 2 of “The March to $25NL.” In this episode, opponents are analyzed using prior reads.