PokerStars rebrands a popular tournament series. Watch Kevin Hart play some cash game poker with Daniel Negreanu. Find these stories and more in the Friday Hit and Run.
PokerStars Introduces Rebranded “Turbo Series”
The PokerStars TCOOP (Turbo Championship of Online Poker) is being rebranded for 2018. Starting this year, the popular event will simply be known as the “Turbo Series.”
The Turbo Series, tournaments consisting of events with turbo and hypo turbo structures — will begin February 18th and run through March 4th. During the two weeks of the event, $15 million in guaranteed prizes will be awarded in tournaments that aim to appeal to all types of players. Buy-ins range from $11 to $5,200 with all tournaments held between 16:00 and 00:00 CET daily.
The series will culminate with the $1,050 buy-in $2.5 million Main Event on March 4th. A smaller $55 buy-in event will be available the same day with a guaranteed prize of $1 million.
Qualifiers and Spin and Go satellites will soon be available in the PokerStars lobby.
Details —> https://t.co/5QxMLaP8Zu
— Garry Gates (@GarryGates) January 19, 2018
– Looking for some poker to watch this weekend? Check out Episode 1 of the PokerStars Championship Cash Challenge featuring Daniel Negreanu, Kevin Hart and Live Boeree. This event featured an interesting hand that gained some attention last week.
Speaking of Kevin Hart, from the Fake News bin: Kevin Hart becomes official card protector of the 2018 WSOP.
– Online gambling has been a mixed bag of late in New Jersey. While online gambling as a whole continues to break records, online poker had its 10th consecutive month of year over year declines. For the year, New Jersey online poker numbers were down 8% from 2016. However, good news is on the horizon as New Jersey online poker pool will merge with Delaware, Nevada and at some point — Pennsylvania.
– Maria Lampropulos and Christopher Kruk have early leads in the 2018 Player of the Year races.
– Pennsylvania’s brick and mortar table games show impressive growth heading into 2018’s major gaming expansion.
– Grinderschool.com poker training video of the day a brief series on four tables of shorthanded no limit 6-max. This episode discusses winrate as well as the importance of why you make plays.