Hit and Run: Stars Rewards Program Details Revealed; Texas Dolly Likely to Play the WSOP This Summer
PokerStars reveals details of Stars Rewards. Doyle Brunson signals his intention to play some events in the WSOP this summer. Find these stories in the more in the Wednesday Hit and Run.
PokerStars Unveils Details of Stars Rewards VIP Program
Stars Rewards will integrate the PokerStars poker room, casino and sportsbook into one rewards program. As players play in these games, they will earn “chests,” which can be opened at any time to reveal a random and personal prize. Each time a player opens a chest, they will earn a prize with a chance to win a large prize such as $1k in cash, 1 million StarsCoin or a PokerStars Championship package. Boost periods will also be available during certain sessions.
While the program is designed to “create excitement” within the program, many players have voiced criticism at the gradual shift away from high-volume players over the last few years.
Catch a glimpse of the new program below. Stars Rewards will first be launched in Denmark next week and then rolled out to the rest of the world this summer.
In other PokerStars news, the top poker room plans to stage a live Sunday Million on August 24th at the King’s Casino Rozvadov, in the Czech Republic.
– Doyle Brunson looks like he may be playing a handful of events at this summer’s World Series of Poker. Brunson, who last cashed in 2013 and hasn’t won a bracelet since 2005, has rarely played bracelets in recent years.
I actually am thinking about playing all the 10k events. Depends on my wife's health issues. https://t.co/7XybolsXOT
— Doyle Brunson (@TexDolly) May 16, 2017
– Pokerfuse takes a look at the fast-growing fast-format of jackpot tournaments with new games and varities.
– Alex Weldon takes a look at Americas Cardroom’s new Double or Nothing, which Alex Weldon suggests may be the most degenerate feature in online poker. Upon leaving a table with a profit, Americas Cardroom will present players with a “Red or Black” double up or nothing game with a 4.7% house edge.
– PTP’s Keith Woernle has posted a review of Alexander Fitzgerald’s new book, “The Myth of Poker Talent.”
– Grinderschool.com poker training video of the day is on high blinds play in 6-max SNGs. This is the 7th part in a 10 part series.