We’re only a few short weeks from the start of the WSOP, and online poker rooms are finally starting to roll out their WSOP sattys. Find a full list, schedules and details for major rooms below.
So far, 2010 looks a lot like 2009 in terms of the type and quality of WSOP sattys available. The one big change (so far): Full Tilt Poker has a pretty sweet incentive for players who win a 2010 seat to represent FTP at the WSOP. More details on that in the FTP satty section later on. For rooms that offer rakeback, we’ve provided sign up links under the satty info.
In alphabetical order, here are the current WSOP Satellite offerings from major online poker rooms:
Full Tilt Poker
AP is offering a pretty standard set of qualifiers, with some nifty extras that include what can safely be called the best cash bonus for just showing up at the 2010 WSOP.
- Steps: Step tournament are back. At AP, it takes 10 steps to win a WSOP package. If you’re unfamiliar with what step tournaments are, learn more in this article Steps are running now at AP
- Weekly Satellites: Take your shot in these $530 weekly tournaments that run Sundays at 6pm ET
- Towering 25 Seat Satellite: 25 guaranteed 12k packages will be awarded in this tournament. June 6th at 4 pm ET, $500+30.
- Fantastic 50 Seat Satellite: 50 guaranteed 12k packages will be awarded in this tournament. June 20th at 4 pm ET, $500+30
- VIP Exclusive Tournaments: Details vary by VIP level. Log into the AP client or contact your VIP host for more information.
Here’s AP’s hook: If you win a WSOP seat and wear AP gear during the tournament, you get a cash bonus. The cash bonus depends on how many seats AP awards – each player qualified results in AP adding more cash to the pot. The final pot will be divided 75% / 25%, with the 75% being split among all participating players, and the 25% going to players who cash. It’s not small money, either. If 50 players participate, AP adds $5k per player, or $250k total. That means each player would get a minimum bonus of $3,750.
Bodog is running a nice set of WSOP qualifiers. A series of super-sattys with buy ins starting as low as a buck culminate in 10 separate $470.00 + $30.00 satellites, each guaranteeing a viariable number of Main Event packages.
Bodog ME Packages include:
- $10,000 USD buy-in to the Main Event
- $2,000 USD travel and spending money
- Invitation to a Bodog social in Vegas
- Bodog poker swag bag
- Dedicated assistant on the ground in Vegas
- 12.5k: The major satellite for this path is a $350+24 tournament that runs every Sunday at 4 PM ET. Super-sattys run daily, with buy ins starting as low as $3.30. You’re free to use the package for whatever WSOP events you like
- $2,500: This path is run as Steps tournaments. There are five steps on the ladder, starting with a $1+.10 Step 1 and culminating in a $490 +17 Step 5 that awards one $2,500 package
- $12.5k package: $460 buy in satellites take place monthly. Super-sattys start at freeroll level.
- Direct qualifiers: FTP runs 5 direct qualifiers a week. Super-satellites to these qualifiers run daily. Schedule below:
- Daily Shootouts: FTP runs shootouts guaranteeing one seat each twice a day. The buy in is $200 +16, and the tournaments run at 15:30 ET (20:30 GMT) and 21:30 ET (02:30 GMT). Super-sattys are available
- The $1 Main Event Seat: 13:30 ET (18:30 GMT) each Sunday. A $1 +.10 buy in gets you entry into a tournament with 5 $10k packages guaranteed.
- Race To The Main Event: A series of freerolls that will award 50 total seats. Details in the FTP lobby.
- Main Event Week: June 14th through June 20th, FTP will be offering a ton of WSOP giveaways as a lead up to their main qualifier on June 24th. Details coming.
- 150 Seat Main Event Guarantee: On June 20th at 18:00 ET (23:00 GMT), FTP runs their massive WSOP qualifier. $600+40 gets you a shot at one of 150 guaranteed seats.
- $13k Main Event package: Sundays 21:00 (GMT), $500+35 buy in.
- $5,500 Side Events package: Fridays (Bi–weekly) 21:00 (GMT), $200 +15 buy in
- $13k PLO Package: Fridays (Bi–weekly) 21:00 (GMT), $500 +35 buy in
- Executive Package: Win 6 consecutive WSOP Executive JP SNG’s and you get a 25k package that includes 12.5k in buy ins and another 12.5k in accommodations and entertainment.
- Major Satellite: Fridays at 18:00ET and Sundays at 15:35ET, Party runs a $700 + 50 satellite that awards packages to 1 out of every 20 players.
- Cash Satellites: These run around the clock; the larger buy ins are concentrated on the weekends. Saturday and Sundays feature $700 buy in satellites that guarantee ten seats. To view, open the lobby and go to Tournament > Satellite > Events and filter for WSOP.
- FPP Satellites: Same as cash but you can buy in with FPPs
- Steps Satellites: A popular option on Stars. If you’re unfamiliar with what step tournaments are, learn more in this article. Acces Steps by going to the Sit and Go Tab, then choosing Satellite > Steps.
Don’t have a Bodog account? We have a private VIP offer; sign up here.
Cake Poker is trying a different angle for this year’s WSOP satellites. While other rooms structure their promos to encourage you to play in the Main Event under their flag, Cake is focusing on providing players with maximum flexibility. Cake has two primary WSOP satellite paths: a $12.5k package and a $2,500 package.
Carbon Poker (Merge Network)
Carbon has a pretty straight-up path to the WSOP. Small qualifiers during the week build to a major qualifier that runs once a month. Weekly satellites start as low as the freeroll level, and run daily. Check the lobby for full information on the schedule.
Full Tilt Poker
As you might expect, FTP has a very impressive lineup of WSOP satellites and promotions available. FTP also has a pretty sick hook – win your seat and cash in the 2010 WSOP Main Event wearing FTP gear and they’ll give you an entry to the 2011 Main Event.
FTP’s got a good amount of perks as well. Play the Main Event and they’ll put you up at the Rio for free. Win the min event and they’ll give you $10 million extra. Cash in the Main Event and they’ll give you a seat for 2011.
IPoker Network (Titan, Sega)
IPoker has a variety of packages, ranging from a 13k Main Event package to smaller packages aimed at side events. All qualifiers listed below have super-sattys starting at cheap or free; check the tournament lobby of your iPoker room for full information regarding daily super-satty schedules and offerings.
Party’s approach to the WSOP is pretty no-frills; they’re awarding $14k packages, all through a traditional satellite structure. Super-sattys start at $0 – the bottom level are freerolls to $2 qualifiers. Check the lobby for details and full schedule.
PokerStars has a massive satellite schedule for the World Series of Poker. Before we get to that, let’s talk about what a Stars Main Event package entails. If you win teh seat but don’t wear PokerStars gear during the Main Event, you get:
* $10,000 WSOP* Main Event buy-in
* $1,000 for travel and expenses
* 8 nights hotel accommodation at the Palms (or a cash equivalent) worth $1,000.
* Shuttle Bus to and from the Rio
Win the seat and sign on as a Stars player (wear the gear exclusively through the Main Event) and you get the above plus:
* Free 2011 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure (PCA) or North American Poker Tour (NAPT) prize package for those who cash in the Main Event
* 50,000 VPPs (VIP Player Points)
* Main Event Champion Bonus – $1,000,000 split between cash and tournament credit for live or online events
* PokerStars player bag
* Invitation (+1) to PokerStars Player Party on July 11
* Free suite upgrades for Supernova and Supernova Elites
Stars has a few paths to get to the WSOP:
Check back, as we’ll be updating this list regularly. Please confirm start times and terms with the individual rooms, as details may have changed since publication.
Tournaments are more affordable when you have rakeback – you can get hundreds of dollars in tournament fees refunded directly to your account. Enter your email below and click submit to sign up for a PTP Rakeback account.